From classic midcentury shapes to sharp lines, explore some of the season’s most eye-catching styles.
1. The large-scale print “From a Distance” from CHC Art is both dramatic and demure, courtesy of meticulous abstract details. On the map: Hamilton Wrenn | 200 Steele, 312
2. It’s all in the details: Blond raffia-covered doors and mappa burl accents give the Beaumont buffet from Made Goods a sophisticated yet casual feel. On the map: Hamilton Wrenn | The Bank on Wrenn, 203 N. Wrenn St.
3. Boasting an undeniably retro look, TOV Furniture’s Kavali Blush bed is crafted from ash and carefully woven cane, both of which masterfully complement the wide array of hues available for the piece’s velvet sides. On the map: Commerce Concourse | Showplace, 1850
4. Aviva Stanoff’s Queenbee Palm chandelier, one of the latest additions to her collection for Currey & Company, features gold-toned palms that evoke the movement of the featherlike leaves. On the map: Downtown Main | IHFC, M110
5. A perfect complement to any eclectic space, Nourison’s Odessa rug features turquoise tones and floral motifs that add an effortless air of refinement to a room. On the map: Commerce Concourse | IHFC, IH101
6. Coastal and slightly distressed, the intricately carved Southport side table from Tradewinds Furniture is playful in all the right ways. On the map: Commerce Concourse | IHFC, IH304
7. The Smith chair is Universal Furniture’s homage to midcentury design. Featuring gentle curves and luxe materials, this bold piece can stand alone or pair seamlessly with other seating—and you can customize it with upholstery options all your own. On the map: Commerce Concourse | 101 S. Hamilton St.
8. Though few people actually wheel their bar carts around, the Gallery rolling bar by Global Views offers versatility in other innovative ways. In addition to its smooth-glide wheels, the nickel-and-glass cart features a hidden lower shelf that unfolds to create an L-shaped or extended linear surface to fit more of your favorite spirits. On the map: Commerce Concourse | IHFC, D213 & D220
9. Nathan Anthony’s ultramod Michel-T sofa is as sumptuous as it is cozy. Unique details, including egg-shaped channeling that stretches across the entire frame, make this piece a guaranteed showstopper. On the map: Commerce Concourse | IHFC, IH602
10. The Gervaise mirror by Mercana Furniture and Decor redefines rustic with deep-set glass in a chunky mango wood frame. Revealing exposed lines and cracks, the frame proves that beauty is in the flaws. On the map: Commerce Concourse | IHFC, C332
11. The artisans handcrafting The Phillips Collection’s decorative accessories are experts at making surprising materials seem plucked from nature, and the Cast Onyx bowl is no exception: Resin is hand-painted to look exactly like the real stone. On the map: Commerce Concourse | IHFC, C202
12. Texture takes center stage with the versatile Handwoven White Braided bench by Anaya Home. The chunky wool top, crafted by expert weavers in the heart of India, sits on natural mango wood legs. On the map: Market Square & Elm | Suites At Market Square, G-6045
13. Gabby scales new heights with Everest, an edgy twist on a classic style. The dresser’s ornately carved wood recalls Gustavian design, while the details on the legs and the bronze pulls are a subtle nod to contemporary styles. On the map: Hamilton Wrenn | 333 N. Hamilton St.
14. Tourmaline Home’s Anemone pillow is as delicate as the flower it’s named after, with white silk velvet flowers and their clear-beaded centers rising from a charcoal-toned linen background. On the map: Russell & Green | 407 W. Green Drive
15. Mixing marble and metal creates a sense of balance in the otherwise understated Alston table lamp from Robert Abbey Fine Lighting. The thick shade radiates a diffused, romantic light no matter the time of day. On the map: Commerce Concourse | IHFC, W244
Want more Spring Market news? Check out the rest of BOH’s Designer’s Guide to High Point Market.
Homepage image: The large-scale print “From a Distance” from CHC Art | Courtesy of CHC Art