McGrath II, a high-end interior design firm and studio shop based in New York City, seeks a detail-oriented and technically skilled Senior Project Manager for a full-time position. The ideal candidate will have at least six years of experience working at a high-end residential interior design firm. This role is primarily based at McGrath II’s offices in New York City. Travel may be required to current project sites in New York City, Connecticut, Upstate NY and the Hamptons.
This is a full-time position, offering competitive compensation, healthcare and 401k benefits, paid vacation and holidays.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com. Salary commensurate with experience. Please include salary requirements with resume and cover letter.
- Minimum of 6 years project management work experience at an interior design firm
- MUST have excellent AutoCAD skills
- College degree required; Bachelor or Associate Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture preferred
- Experience with Studio Designer software is a plus
- Must be very detail-oriented and extremely organized with very good follow-through skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of custom furniture design and window treatments is a must
- Existing vendor relationships and knowledge of a range of sources is a plus
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare floor, space, millwork and furniture plans/elevations in AutoCAD, and produce hand drawings or computer renderings that communicate design intent
- Preparation of proposals and purchase orders using Studio Designer software
- Create and monitor project budgets
- Source and suggest furniture, fabric, etc. for Designer approval
- Place, process and manage all vendor orders through completion
- Procure estimates from trades and vendors
- Coordinate deliveries to project sites and warehouse storage facility
- Create client presentations and digital design boards in InDesign
- Schedule and attend all client meetings, including project site visits and design meetings
- Produce paint, lighting, hardware, plumbing and tile schedules for architects
- Review and redline all shop drawings to ensure design intent
- Create installation timelines; organize and oversee installations
- Represent firm at meetings with architects, contractors and vendors
- Manage issues with contractors, vendors and clients. Identify and document problems and troubleshoot solutions
- Compile weekly status reports and be prepared to discuss the status of all orders on all projects at weekly staff meetings
McGrath II, a high-end interior design firm and studio shop based in New York City. Guided by years of experience in residential design, founders Suzanne and Lauren McGrath are known for designing homes that are rich in classic interior details that reference the past while embracing the lifestyles of today. The studio takes a holistic approach to each project with a particular focus on architectural detailing and technical design, in addition to the interior decoration. They work hand in hand with the best artisans and craftsmen to ensure that every project results in a bespoke environment that reflects the needs and desires of their clients. Since establishing their studio in 2010, Suzanne and Lauren are still hands on during every step of the design process with each partner bringing their unique perspective to every decision.
Stephanie Van Hassel