We’re looking for a compassionate and determined thinker to join our team full-time as a Sales Associate. In practice, you will be an educator and a partner to help guide customers and partners of our studio throughout their time with us. You’ll advise on things like which features our fixtures have or share materials with clients throughout projects. The role is a great fit for someone who’s calm when things get chaotic, and great at reading rooms. Perhaps literally.
• Respond to inbound inquiries and product requests from our website, email, and by phone
• Provide a personalized yet professional level of service, engaging customers with passion, knowledge, and support in both written and verbal communication
• Maintain an expert-level understanding of all active collections, components, and quality parameters.
• Provide clients with product datasheets, pricing information, lead time, and tiered discount structure
• Respond to RFQs and provide project quotes to interior designers and purchasing agents
• Manage client expectations. Quickly identify and resolve order-related issues by working with clients and internal/external partners.
• Assist with new account registrations and maintain customer/client database
• Create quotes and sales orders. Follow up on open quotes as needed
• Manage and ship finish sample orders
• Maintain product data on our website
• Coordinate showroom/studio appointments. Assist customers in person to make lighting selections and maintain the showroom appearance.
• 3+ years working in interior design/architecture firms, high-end retail or showroom environments
• Friendly and personable :)
• Outstanding organization skills and attention to detail
• Able to use tools, climb ladders and assist with showroom refreshers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, creative work environment
• Proactive and motivated to identify new opportunities and participate in the development of functional / service enhancements to surprise and delight our customers
Studio + Compensation
• This is a full-time position based in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
• Studio hours are Monday - Friday from 9 am to 6 pm
• 60-75k/annual salary based on experience
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, including 100% monthly premium coverage options for Employees of the studio.
• PTO + 401k plan
In Common With was founded by friends Nick Ozemba and Felicia Hung in 2017. The Brooklyn-based design studio has since built an impressive portfolio of lighting collections and custom projects driven by curiosity, materiality, and experimentation. Rooted in a collaborative spirit, their work explores an aesthetic that is simple, striking, and calm and is created with an eclectic mix of partners around the world, from glassblowers and ceramicists to metalworkers and engineers. Both RISD Furniture Design Department graduates, Ozemba and Hung bring their respective industrial design, manufacturing, and interiors backgrounds to all facets of their studio. For more
information, please visit incommonwith.com.