85% Remote Lead Interior Designer - San Francisco Bay Area
We’re looking for a star member to join our fun and hardworking team as a full-time Lead Interior Designer. This position includes working from home and travel to client sites in the SF Bay Area (SF and Oakland).
● Lead all phases of the design process and client meetings with competency, organization, and creativity while adhering to company and project goals
● Work with clients to determine initial goals and needs for the space to be designed
● Confidently run large scale projects with senior level architects and experienced builders
● Create, review and approve furniture plans, elevations, construction and shop drawings in AutoCAD
● Collaborate with clients to select materials, furnishings, and decor that will meet their needs and tastes without pushing your own design aesthetic
● Determine and maintain project timelines
● Create and approve client budgets with accurate cost estimates, client proposals, PO’s, and invoices in Studio Designer
● Maintain weekly project updates for clients
● Oversee the installation of materials, furniture, and other design elements
● Ensure client satisfaction by visiting the project upon completion with the client; resolve any complaints or concerns
● Maintain current knowledge of trends and materials, techniques, and other developments in interior design.
● Attend weekly Zoom team meetings
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION - You will be working from home but you MUST reside in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. The position requires travel to work on client projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with inspiring values and a real focus on the benefit of others. We care deeply about the work that we do and each other. If you feel aligned with this mission, please apply.
Learn more on our careers page.
●Minimum 4 years experience in a high-end residential design firm.
●Interior design degree not required but is ideal, depending on work experience
● Project management and client-facing presentation experience
● Previous design management experience
● Self-motivated with an ability to keep projects moving with minimal supervision
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Precision and attention to detail
● Proactive with a strong willingness to “figure it out” if you don’t know something
● Willingness to “wear many hats” within our small but mighty company
● Proficient in AutoCAD, Studio Designer, and Google Drive, including Sheets, Docs, and Slides.
● Must have valid a driver’s license and use of a car or other reliable transport.
● Must reside in Oakland or San Francisco Bay Area
Our team is committed to collaboration, transparency, high standards, function and beauty, a strong work-life balance, and diversity. We believe in justice, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist behavior and practices and we encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQIA+ and those who hold other marginalized identities to apply.
Founded in 2005, Coddington Design is a full-service interior design firm with headquarters in the Bay Area and clients nationwide. We’re just as at-home delivering $10M+ turnkey properties as we are partnering with industrious homeowners who want hourly support. . Our residential projects are located in San Diego, Hawaii, Tahoe, San Francisco, Oakland and the East Bay, Palo Alto, and Marin. We offer generous vacation/PTO days and paid holidays. We are a collaborative and creative working environment with room to grow for the right person. We have family-friendly policies, we value a work-life balance, and we all work remotely.