This individual must be able to interact well with clients and vendors, source and select design specifications and generate proposals and purchase orders. Specific responsibilities include design concepting and development, project administration, purchasing & installation:
• Support Principal and VP in the design development of projects
• Assist in training, growth, and development of Design Assistant, including daily interaction and management
• Manage weekly client, architect/contractor correspondence
• Initiate comprehensive project reviews with Principal/ VP and Controller
• Schedule/attend site meetings as project development requires
• Provide drawings and specifications for all custom built pieces and maintain quality inspections at vendors
• Support Controller with creation of project budgets and maintain client approved financials though-out the course of the project
• Comprehensive installation prep – pre-inventory control, scheduling vendors, adequate install support/ supplies, oversee initial furniture placement, etc.
• Manage multiple projects at the same time
• Oversee: Studio Designer specification entries in projects, track orders, issue PO’s
• Resource concepts, materials, inspiration
• Shop for clients
• Manage daily functions and, as part of a team, contribute in answering telephones
• Maintain an accurate activity log and submit weekly timesheets
• Develop new vendors and resources
• Attend periodic industry events to maintain awareness
Knowledge and skills include: Strong commitment and work ethic, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage projects simultaneously while working independently. AutoCAD experience required and Studio Designer experience preferred. This person must have a positive attitude and enjoy working as part of a team. Additionally, he/she/they must have at least 5 years of design experience.
foley&cox is a premier interior design firm recognized for its style and versatility. Its staff of 12 has extensive experience with luxurious residential projects, yachts, and private aircraft interiors. foley&cox maintains the highest standards of collaboration between client and architect to assure fit — not just for a particular environment, but for those occupying it as well. The designers give extensive attention to detail and incorporate the broadest spectrum of materials. The firm’s distinctive yet approachable interiors have appeared in discerning locations including Manhattan, the Hamptons, Hyannisport, the Gulf Coast, Big Sky, Hawaii, Monaco, the Bahamas, Moscow, and Austria. Their eye for design has been widely praised in major publications, including Architectural Digest, Town & Country, Traditional Home, Hamptons Cottages and Gardens, Luxe Interiors, NY Spaces, Florida Design, and AD Germany. foley&cox believes that creating comfortably luxurious living environments is achieved through a keen understanding of each client. Interpreting lifestyles and personalities, foley&cox creates highly individualized interiors. The result is a serene space infused with the client’s personal style.