This candidate will be responsible for supporting lead designers on projects from conception through execution and installation. The Junior Project Manager will be involved in all phases of the project including client meetings, design schemes, workroom visits, vendor meetings, installations and photoshoots. This candidate will work directly with the lead designer of said projects and will collaborate with the other designers and bookkeeper in the office. The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills, will be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative on tasks, and maintain client and vendor relationships. He/she will be able to source fabrics and materials for design schemes, create and oversee work orders and purchase orders, track and monitor client and vendor payments, and juggle multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will be a team player and be willing to step in and help project leads with any and all tasks.
- Support lead designers with current and upcoming projects
- Gather quotes and place orders for fabrics, furniture, lighting, fixtures, floor coverings, accessories, etc.
- Propose, purchase and track orders for multiple projects, with an emphasis on tracking status of orders
- Prepare furniture plans, elevations and detailed custom furniture drawings
-Assist with coordinating project logistics
- Communicate extensively with vendors and clients
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant design experience
- Knowledge of the NYC market including vendors, custom fabricators, antique dealers, etc. is preferable
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required
- Knowledge of Design Manager preferred, but not required
Ashley Whittaker Design is a high-end, residential interior design firm. We are located on the Upper East Side with projects concentrated in New York City, Connecticut, Long Island, Westchester, California and Florida. Described as the “neo-traditionalist”, Ashley Whittaker reveals her fresh and modern perspective on traditional design and architecture in all her work. The New York City decorator, named one of the top 50 decorators in New York, brings distinctively classic taste and chic sophistication to residential decoration and interior design. Characterized by tailored rooms that incorporate charming detail and engaging play on color and pattern, Whittaker’s signature style is immediately evident.
Ashley published her first book, The Well-Loved House in 2021. Her work has been published in House Beautiful, The New York Times, Southern Living, Coastal Living, Domino, New York Spaces, House & Home, and Flower Magazine. Notably, she has graced the cover of House Beautiful four times. Achieving instant and renowned respect from the industry, Ashley shows a natural and effortless ability to create flawless interiors.