Kelly Behun Studio, an AD100 and Elle Decor A-List interior design firm, is seeking a Senior Designer with 5+ years of relevant work experience in high-end residential interiors for full-time employment.
Candidates must have proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and must be able to work efficiently under tight deadlines. Applicants should be highly organized & detail-oriented self-starters with strong communication skills in order to work well within a team setting — but also have enough experience and drive to work autonomously.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Advanced knowledge of the construction + design process from concept to installation
- Technical proficiency in 2D + 3D software programs (AutoCAD, Sketchup + Vray and/or Rhino)
- Advanced skills in Adobe Suite programs (Indesign, Photoshop + Illustrator)
- Proven experience designing + drawing custom millwork, furniture, and lighting
- Expertise in space planning and furniture layouts
- High proficiency in reviewing and annotating detailed construction plans, millwork drawings & shop drawings
- Adept at preparing client presentations and mood boards, in collaboration with studio Principal & design team
- Excellent design, organization, communication + interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in all areas of design (presentations, purchasing (Studio Designer), concept design, project management, installations, etc.)
- A keen eye for FF&E sourcing and a deep knowledge of contemporary, vintage & antique furniture, art and design
Candidate must be either a U.S. citizen or have a valid employment visa to work in the U.S. and be presently located in the New York City area. This position offers some hybrid work from home flexibility, but is NOT a fully remote job. Candidates who do not meet all of the above qualifications will not be considered.