David Weeks Studio is looking for an Operations Coordinator to support our production and sales team. This position works under the guidance of the Studio Manager.
This is a full-time, hybrid position which requires onsite work for two-three days a week at our Brooklyn studio, with the remaining week spent remotely. The salary range is $50,000-$60,000 per year (plus a benefits package). The salary offered within this range is determined by skills and experience. David Weeks Studio offers sick and vacation time & contributes to employee medical and 401K. Employees have the option to add dental, vision, and short-term disability insurance.
The Operations Coordinator role requires thorough organization, excellent communication skills, and the ability to multitask in a dynamic, design-based environment.
• Act as studio receptionist for incoming calls and general email inquiries
• Facilitate repair and claim requests from clients
• Assist Studio Manager with shipping related administrative tasks
• Maintain studio and principal’s calendar
• Organize team events
• Special projects as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficient in MS Office and Google Workspace
• Excellent customer service, communication, and writing skills
• Quick learner and highly adaptable
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Flexibility to both work with a team and independently
• Luxury residential, hospitality, or retail sales exposure
• Strong interest and appreciation for design, architecture and creative fields
• Ability to speak on general lighting function and capabilities a plus
David Weeks Studio is a New York design studio founded in 1996: genre-defining, gravity defying, statement making, minimalism, made in Brooklyn.
A multi-disciplinary designer renowned for his large-scale sculptural lighting, founder David Weeks’ minimalist visual language articulates an ongoing, and open-ended, dialogue between material and form.