Southworth Development is seeking a passionate and process-oriented Designer with the drive and experience to oversee and elevate our projects globally. The Designer will possess strategic insight, as well as exceptional leadership skills, creative thinking abilities and a process-driven approach to producing quality designs that meet each unique market need and achieve common goals throughout the organization. The Designer will serve as one of Southworth’s key communicators and will be responsible for the full breadth of our design activities, requiring an entrepreneurial spirit, innovative approach, and a proven track-record of quality results.
The Designer will work on all designs for land planning, residential product types, clubhouses, restaurants, marinas, commercial spaces, and infrastructure. The Designer is responsible for stewarding third party design professionals provided materials to gain greater efficiency in the design and construction process. They will work with the Corporate Director of Construction to improve the design process through in house production and alteration of plans for internal use, as well as customer facing products.
This role will collaborate closely with third party design professionals to ensure the most appropriate designs are being used, to the highest level of quality, and at the appropriate level of expense as directed by the Corporate Director of Construction. You’ll spend your days embedded with design professionals, working on a wide range of design projects from the macro to the micro scale with constant intention of creating a sense of place for each of Southworth’s unique properties.
• Bachelors in Architecture, Interior Design or a design related field preferred but will consider prior work experience in a related field.
• Proficiency required in Microsoft applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook.
• Drafting experience preferred but not required.
• Strong graphic / digital presentation abilities and ability to communicate effectively in project presentations verbally and in writing.
• Development of interior design concepts; selection of materials and digital presentation.
• Participate in conceptual design development activities, including making adaptations and modifications.
• Ability to effectively research materials, codes/specifications as they relate to planning solutions; recommend appropriate selections.
• Create and prepare interior design documents; finish plans, schedules, and details.
• Develop project budgets, change orders and maintain project records.
• Participate in construction administration, assisting in review of submittals and samples.
• Develop FFE specifications and assist in negotiations and procurement of goods & materials.
• Develop design concepts and installation for FFE procured for projects.
• Work directly with customers to secure approval on residential construction selections and options, including attending customer meetings.
• Ability to manage junior level staff by delegating tasks to effectively complete projects.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
• Work effectively within a collaborative team environment as well as independently with the ability to develop relationships and work closely with construction managers, subcontractors, manufacturers and vendors.
• Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail.
• Consistently meet deadlines and completing tasks.
• Work with integrity, trust and commitment, setting an example for others.
• Joining our team requires self-motivation, leadership, teaming, initiative, humor
Celebrate Life, Elevated
At Southworth Development, we have earned a reputation for stability, integrity, innovation, and providing great value. Our clubs and communities provide the perfect place to celebrate life, elevated.
No matter the role or location, our team members provide exceptional service that elevates the experience for our members, residents, guests, and team. We encourage all our team members to celebrate life, elevated by offering a wide variety of benefit and engagement programs, unique perks, discounts, and fun at a world-class company.
Southworth Development owns and operates a growing portfolio of premier private golf courses and communities. With activities for the whole family and a heart of hospitality, our clubs and communities provide the perfect place to experience life, elevated.
Apply here to start your new career, Elevated