The season’s hottest trend is a high-contrast classic re-imagined in an assortment of unexpected new ways.
1. A single white stripe makes a strikingly sophisticated statement in the Diane Keaton–designed Black Jasper Tapered large pendant at Aidan Gray.
2. Showcased on a rich black ground, the speckled white print of Surya’s Contempo rug creates a stunning stipple effect that’s nothing short of artful.
3. Clad in fuzzy white faux shearling, the Vesper sofa at Diamond Sofa boasts black, carved wooden legs and can be configured as a two- or three-piece arrangement for versatility.
4. The sleek white top and bold black frame of the Tayra table by Amisco provide a clean-lined pop of contrast that won’t compete with any neutral hues.
5. Has geometry ever looked so fun? Designed by Laura Kirar for McGuire Furniture, the Element tables feature three-dimensional polygon shapes that can be configured in your choice of arrangements.
6. A slender C-shaped piece with serious graphic appeal, the Kiran side table by Mercana Furniture is topped with white marble set on a black iron base and can easily slide into a small sliver of space.
7. Less is more: Composed of a simple black metal base and milk glass shade, the minimalist Montreux flush mount by Regina Andrew Detroit will transform your ceiling into a focal point.
8. Featuring a layered, hand-embroidered diamond pattern that mimics jacquard, the Sashiko Hishi-Moyō pillow by Ann Gish x The Metropolitan Museum of Art draws inspiration from the lush kimonos of Meiji-era Japan.
9. With a design that doesn’t skimp on style or functionality, the Sigma chairs by Dôme Deco have an ergonomic seat and can be stacked to quickly free up space.
10. The irregular linework of Unique Loom’s geometric Tagine rug mimics an ink-on-paper sketch.
11. It’s a transitional-style lounge with a jagged twist: The angular arms and frame of the W10 chair at Sherrill Furniture create an eye-catching silhouette while supplying plenty of support.
12. A pair of crescent-shaped forms lend timeless appeal to the contemporary Amaris table lamp by Pacific Coast Lighting.
13. Take a walk on the wild side without leaving the house, courtesy of the Serengeti Aimee Hall chest at Hickory White Furniture. A hand-painted zebra motif supplies a burst of graphic drama that will complement an array of color palettes.
Homepage photo: The Vesper sofa | Courtesy of Diamond Sofa