In the BOH series What I Love, we’re asking designers to build us a mood board of what’s inspiring them right now.
Lauren Czarniecki takes a nuanced approach to textures. The designer behind North Palm Beach’s Czar Interiors gravitates toward organic textiles and raw finishes that allow the materials to do the talking. “I love mixing mediums to create a multilayered space,” she tells Business of Home.
Her current mood board supplies a superb case in point. Designed with her favorite items in mind, it features a medley of touchable materials in warm neutrals to create a rich and comforting tone. “Each piece provides both visual and tactile interest,” the designer says.
Czarniecki describes the final scheme as “sophisticated,” brimming with artisanal accents and tactual fibers, grains and stones. “I love how all the items naturally complement each other when used together in the same space,” she says.
Here, the designer breaks down the details, from satin nickel light fixtures to Japanese porcelain tiles.
1. DECORATOR’S WHITE PAINT BY BENJAMIN MOORE
“This is my go-to white. It has a touch of gray that complements so many spaces.”
2. LOFT ORIGINAL CONCRETE PAINT IN MOSCOU BY ID PARIS
“Wall textures add such interest to a space, and using a neutral color still creates a blank canvas for artwork to shine.”
3. BRASS-PLATED FINISH SAMPLE IN BRUSHED MIDNIGHT BLACK BY JOSEPH GILES
“Joseph Giles’s finishes are as unique as its hardware. I like to mix metals in a space to add depth and make sure everything feels coordinated but not too matchy-matchy.”
4. TEXTURED GLASS PENDANT IN FROSTED GRANITE BY HAMMERTON STUDIO
“Textured glass adds dimension to a light fixture, and helps diffuse the light in a soft way.”
5. FOUR SEASONS HIDE RUG IN CREAM BY KYLE BUNTING
“Hair-on hide is one of my favorite textures to work with, so I had to highlight Kyle Bunting’s gorgeous rugs; it felt like a great ground for the flat lay since I love it as a great ground for a space.”
6. CARVED WOOD ARTWORK FINISH SAMPLE IN RAINY DAY-24 BY ETIENNE MOYAT
“This artist, Etienne Moyat, is amazing and wonderful to work with, and the finish sample they provided shows a glimpse of how amazing their art pieces are.”
7. QUARTZ COUNTERTOP IN 4001 FRESH CONCRETE BY CAESARSTONE
“This countertop material is the perfect neutral shade with the perfect matte finish.”
8. SAIRIN TILE IN MATTE WHITE BY INAX
“I’m obsessed with these gorgeous Japanese porcelain tiles. They have such a unique shape and a beautiful matte texture you don’t see often.”
9. CRISTALLO QUARTZITE IN QZT-ALI BY CAVASTONE
“This durable stone makes any space feel special. We used it recently in a kitchen, and the natural light in the space highlighted the luminosity of the stone—breathtaking!”
10. PORCELAIN TILE IN FOSSIL WHITE MATTE BY CAVASTONE
“A unique take on a travertine—a perfect guest bathroom tile.”
11. TATAMI FABRIC IN STEEL BLUE BY JIM THOMPSON
“The perfect upholstery fabric for a fabulous chair.”
12. RESIN FINISH SAMPLE IN MARINE BLUE BY IRONIES
“This blue resin sample will never leave my desk. Ironies resin textures are the perfect wow moment in any space.”
13. RUG POMS IN BG 02, BT 12 AND BE 10 BY ART+LOOM
“Art+Loom’s patterns and edging details feel like some of the most unique and innovative in the industry right now.”
14. FROTH FABRIC IN PERI BY ROSEMARY HALLGARTEN
“This indoor/outdoor fabric is the perfect combination of soft comfort and durability. We use it more on the inside than out.”
15. SATIN NICKEL FINISH BY BOYD LIGHTING AT JERRY PAIR
“Boyd Lighting showcases such unique lighting fixtures that we love working with in so many of our projects. This satin nickel sample just feels like a staple in our office now.”
16. SATINTECH ETCHED BACK-PAINTED GLASS IN PALEST BEIGE BY BENDHEIM
“Bronze glass just feels sexy. It sets a great tone for a modern clubroom.”
17. CLOUD TRAIL RUG IN FLURRY WITH ASHBURY BY ROSEMARY HALLGARTEN
“This is the softest rug. It truly feels like you’re walking on a soft, fluffy cloud—perfect for a bedroom.”
18. CHISELED BLEACHED OAK SAMPLE BY CUFF STUDIO