Submissions are now being accepted for the IIDA’s 2015 IIDA Global Excellence Awards, the yearly design competition that recognizes international design and architecture projects across 14 categories. IIDA and BMW Group Designworks USA are hosting the competition. “The Global Excellence Awards celebrate design innovation around the world while highlighting international design trends,” said IIDA Executive Vice President and CEO Cheryl S. Durst. “I have no doubt this year’s submissions will again showcase transformative design that is shaping how people from every corner of the globe live, work, and play.”
Submissions are being accepted in the following categories:
• Corporate Space Large (1,000 square meters and above)
• Corporate Space Small (under 1,000 square meters)
• Education (elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities)
• Entertainment (casinos, performing arts centers, sports arenas, theatres)
• Healthcare (hospitals, outpatient clinics, medical facilities)
• Hospitality (lounges, bars)
• Institutional (cultural, government/municipal spaces, libraries, religious spaces)
• Residences - Multi-Family (housing in a building that is designed to house several different families in separate units)
• Residences - Single Family (detached one-family houses)
• Retail (stores, boutiques)
• Showrooms/Exhibition Spaces/Sales Centers
Projects will be judged by an expert panel including Julio Braga, Federico Delrosso, Johannes Lampela, Emanuela Frattini Magnusson and Patricia Rotondo. The deadline for submissions is November 20, and projects will be judged on December 5. Awards will be announced at a January 23, 2016 reception at Maison & Objet.
Contact Liz Moran, IIDA Design Competitions Manager at email@example.com or (312) 379-5134 for more information about the competition.