Last month, Atlanta Decorative Arts Center (ADAC) celebrated the winners of ADAC "Rising Stars” at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.
“ADAC is pleased to recognize the new talent in our community and to help them further their careers by shining a light on them and their work,” said Susan Zinger, ADAC General Manager.
Trey Champion, Amy Morris, Clinton Smith, Susan Zinger, Lanah Jackson, and Margaret Kirkland.
The design talents awarded the title of “ADAC Rising Star” were Trey Champion, Stanley Beaman & Sears; Amy Morris, Amy D. Morris Interiors; Susan Zinger and Lanah Jackson, Robert Brown Interior Design; and Margaret Kirkland, MKC Designs.
All nominees submitted three images of their work which were then judged by Clinton Smith, editorial director of Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles. Of the 35 new talents nominated by the ADAC showrooms as "Ones to Watch,” four were selected as as Rising Stars. The criteria for nominations were that the designer has been in business for less than 10 years and had been recognized by a design organization or publication.
The nominees included:
• Alison Womack, Womack Interiors
• Amy Morris, Amy D. Morris Interiors
• Bill Mohr, William Stewart Designs, Inc.
• Brian Patrick Flynn, Flynnside Out Productions, LLC
• Capella Kincheloe, Capella Kincheloe Interior Design
• Caroline McLean Tolleson, Caroline McLean Tolleson, LLC
• Christopher Holt, Holt Interiors
• Cindy Lynn Dunaway, Cindy Lynn Dunaway Interiors
• Courtney Giles, Courtney Giles Interiors
• Darcie Adler, Darcie Adler Design, LLC
• Delinah “Dee” Simmons, Lisa Torbett Interiors
• Jessica Keller, Home Studio Interiors
• Karen T. Hott, Karen Hott Interiors
• Kelley Harris, Ferry, Hayes & Allen Designers, Inc.
• Liz Williams, Liz Williams Interiors
• Mallory Mathison Glenn, Mallory Mathison, Inc.
• Margaret Kirkland, MKC Designs
• Margaret H. Long, Margaret Long Designs, Inc.
• Melanie Pounds, Melanie Pounds Interior Design
• Rick Anthony Bonner, Bonner , LLC
• Robert Grayson, GraysonHarris Interiors + Design
• Shon Parker, Shon Parker Design, Inc.
• Teresa Ann Cebulski, Southern Touch Interiors, LLC
• Traci Rhoads, Traci Rhoads Interiors, LLC
• Trey Champion, Stanley, Beaman and Sears, Inc.
• Yancey Seibert, Yancey Seibert Interior Designs, Ltd.
• Tammy Connor, Tammy Connor Interior Design
• Leslie Wolfe, Benton Parker Design
• Lanah Jackson, Robert Brown Interior Design
• Julie Witzel, J Witzel Interior Design
• Niki Papadopoulos, Mark Williams Design Associates
• Clary Bosbyshell, Margaux Interiors Limited
• Willem Stear, Allen.Stear.Designs
• Hillary Linthicum, Peace Design
• Melissa Barnaby, Barnaby Interiors
News categoriesAll News >
Black designers speak up, hold the design industry accountable
What's the best approach to payment schedules?
Ken Fulk, Brigette Romanek, ASH NYC and more first-timers named to AD100
Veranda x The Shade Store x Sunbrella
Industry remembers Kirsten Brant Casey
The Decorator's Club Annual Holiday Celebration
How the Matouk family business evolved for the next generation
The surprising trait that's made Clodagh most successful
Why Blu Dot wants to make good design democratic
Jonathan Adler “keeps it 100” about the struggles of running a creative business
- In Print