Associate Account Manager
Hudson Valley Lighting Group
Sales & Marketing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide end to end solutions for customer issues through the entire purchase lifecycle
including the pre-purchase/quotation state, ordering, tracking, shipment, delivery,
billing issues, returns, refunds, etc
• Build strong relationships and deliver high quality customer service through phone,
email, and live chat, constantly striving to make things better, faster, and smoother for
• Communicate with customers in a thoughtful, thorough, and personalized way.
o Understand our distinct customer profiles and tailor communication to the type
of customer you are working with.
o Ability to trouble shoot with customers and the ability to ask the proper
questions to solve their problem.
o Possess strong empathy and active listening skills.
o Approach each customer interaction with a design-oriented sales mindset. Upsell
and cross-sell our suite of products throughout the Hudson Valley Lighting Group
brands when applicable.
o Ability to “meet the customer where they are” and offer up creative ways to
• Take a service and solution-oriented approach to all interactions, using strong judgment
to balance being policy-driven with making it right for the customer.
• Be knowledgeable of technical solutions to customer problems and communicate
responses back in a clear and succinct way.
• Possess a deep understanding of our website and in-house technology. Guide
customers to use available technology on their own.
• Provide after sales-support to retain customers
• Answer customer emails and phone calls
• Suggest company products/services that maximize client satisfaction
• Maintain strong relationships with HVLG trade professional through consistent
communication and follow up
• Quote generation, management, and follow up
• Enter orders
• Manage backorders, keep customer informed of changes to dates, suggest alternates to
out of stock merchandise
• Enter display orders
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
• Previous experience in consumer goods sales preferred.
• Previous experience in Project Management or Business Development preferred.
• Excellent computer skills; must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Genuine interest in residential interior design and trends.
• Responsible, enthusiastic self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication,
problem solving and organizational skills.
• Quick learner with ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under
minimal supervision with high attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a constantly changing environment with a diverse group of individuals.
Our Outstanding Compensation Package Includes:
• A very competitive salary
• Single medical insurance
• Life insurance
• Long term disability
• Generous vacation, sick, and holiday pay program
• 401K retirement plan with employer match
Hudson Valley Lighting Group is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing, and omnichannel distribution of decorative lighting fixtures, encompassing four brands: Hudson Valley Lighting, Mitzi, Troy, and Corbett.
As the one-stop shop for the most comprehensive selection of lighting, HVLG seeks to inspire and support our customers in their pursuit to achieve a home that perfectly reflects their clients. HVLG takes a designer-forward approach to the light-purchasing process — making the experience more inspiring, exciting, and inviting. At HVLG, we believe that great lighting has the power not to just elevate any space but enrich people's lives — and it’s that guiding philosophy that ties our family of brands together.
We are a progressive and growing company offering an excellent opportunity for a Trade Associate Account Manager to join our Customer Experience team and become an integral part of Hudson Valley Lighting Group’s exciting future. The ideal candidate is genuinely interested in interior design trends and is relationship-driven, solution-oriented, and comfortable in a sales-oriented service role.
Director of Business Development