The Design Assistant will support the Principal and Project Managers will fully participate in every step of the design process. Your responsibilities will vary from day-to-day, but are likely to include the following:
- Maintain and organize project digital files, images, photos and project samples
- Contact vendors, order samples, collect and document pricing and lead times
- Enter pricing, notes and tracking into project software database
- Daily tracking and logging of purchased items
- Prepare presentation sheets for client meetings
- Coordinate purchase orders, deliveries and payments with vendors
- Requesting Memo samples for client projects/ responsible for organization of design library
- Assist with project installations
- Facilitate orders from request for estimate through final invoice utilizing Studio Designer project management software.
- Maintain a daily log of client-related activities for time billing.
- Coordinate and meet with movers, installers and couriers
- Other duties as needed
Our Design Assistant should be professional, organized, personable, self-motivated, detail-oriented and comfortable multitasking and working on a deadline. A flexible team player who excels in a fast-paced environment and displays discretion, integrity, and a thirst for learning will succeed in this position.
- College Degree
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the design or a related industry
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of interior design.
- Presentation and graphic design skills are a plus, including proficiency in SketchUp, Photoshop and 3D rendering software.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Works well in a collaborative setting, but must also be able to work independently and proactively without supervision using tact and discretion.
- Highly organized, accurate, and neat in all aspects of the job.
- Works well under pressure; able to multitask, prioritize, and consistently meet deadlines. Able to follow through on multiple projects with both short-term and long-term objectives.
- Self-starter. Able to anticipate project work and next steps without excessive direction and management.
Melissa Colgan Interiors is a residential design firmed based in Washington DC, with projects up and down the East Coast. Our office is in historic Georgetown. Our clients seek us out for our ability to distill their ideas and style into highly individual designs, creating interiors that are engaging, spirited and layered with purposeful details.