The Rug Company
The Rug Company is looking for a creative, well-organized, and technically skilled Senior Project Designer to work with our busy design studio on full-time basis.
This position will entail assisting the design studio and the sales teams with the creation of technically accurate custom and bespoke rug designs that meet client and production requirements. The candidates will be asked to carry out advanced design projects in handknotted, handtufted and mechanically woven categories, both independently and collaboratively.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Project design: Create innovative custom or bespoke rug/carpet designs based on client’s needs, through use of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AutoCAD, and NedGraphics.
• Communication and project management: Self-manage projects from concept to completion. Work closely with Sales and Production teams to ensure ideas can be delivered and client’s expectations can be surpassed.
• File management: Keep the shared, remote server meticulously organized with layered working files for all projects.
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) is required
• Proficient in AutoCAD with ability to read architectural and interior design plans
• Proficient in NedGraphics
• Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in the Rug/Carpet Design industry, designing rugs in handtufted and woven jacquard/Axminister constructions
• BFA in Textile/Surface/Graphic Design or related field
Personal attributes and competencies:
• Technical ability to interpret and conceptualize client requests, then execute revisions based on feedback
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to comprehend pattern in repeat, scale, and colour
• Strong colour matching and colour sensibility
• Extremely organized with experience in working on multiple projects within tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills; good command of spoken and written English is a must
• Positive attitude with willingness to learn and receive constructive feedback
• Highly self-motivated and responsible, can work independently but also as part of a small, dedicated studio
About The Rug Company:
Since our founding in 1997, The Rug Company has endeavored to create the most desirable rugs in the world. Uniquely, we achieve this by combining the ancient craft of quality rug making with the creative brilliance of some of today's most accomplished designers. Our rugs are beautiful, distinctive and original.