We’re looking for a compassionate and determined thinker to join our team full-time as a Finance Manager. This role is a great fit for someone who can calmly manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, creative environment. This person will report directly and work alongside the studio’s partners.
• Work with the production and sales teams to ensure accurate and timely client invoicing and vendor payments, including NET payment terms for select partners.
• Manage pricing for collections, collaborations, custom projects, and bulk orders using complex spreadsheets and formulas to ensure the studio is hitting minimum margins at all times.
• Maintain financial records and create monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for internal review.
• Prepare and file sales tax payments in relevant states.
• Reconcile bank accounts, receipts, and credit card statements.
• Work with our external CPA firm on tax filings.
• Manage payroll, commission and bonus payments, payroll tax records, employee benefits, 401k contributions, and workers' compensation audits.
• 3-5 years of experience in bookkeeping or accouting for lighting, furniture, or high-end retail
• This is an opportunity for someone who wants to make an impact. You’ll be part of a company within its first five years and influence how it grows.
• A genuinely empathetic group. We have a non-negotiable no jerks policy. Being nice is free.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
• Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
• Self-motivated, with excellent time management and the ability to manage and motivate external partners
• Ability to work under pressure amid competing demands
• Able to learn new skills quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Must like dogs :)
Studio + Compensation
• This is a full-time position based in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
• Studio hours are Monday - Friday from 9 am to 6 pm
• 60-85k/annual salary based on experience
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, including 100% monthly premium coverage options for Employees of the studio.
• Generous PTO policy, 401k plan with match, ancillary benefits, and Profit Sharing Plan
In Common With was founded by friends Nick Ozemba and Felicia Hung in 2017. The Brooklyn-based design studio has since built an impressive portfolio of lighting collections and custom projects driven by curiosity, materiality, and experimentation. Rooted in a collaborative spirit, their work explores an aesthetic that is simple, striking, and calm and is created with an eclectic mix of partners around the world, from glassblowers and ceramicists to metalworkers and engineers. Both RISD Furniture Design Department graduates, Ozemba and Hung bring their respective industrial design, manufacturing, and interiors backgrounds to all facets of their studio. For more
information, please visit incommonwith.com.