Smart home technology is no longer a special request of digitally savvy clients only; it’s now an essential component of almost every project. While the actual installation of such systems may be best left to the IT experts on your extended team, educating yourself about the opportunities and limitations of the latest innovations is more important than ever. To stay relevant in today’s increasingly automated world, every interior designer will benefit from knowing the basics of home tech integration.
Genevieve Trousdale and Scott Ruzich will teach you how to accurately assess the pros and cons of the integration process from both a project- and client-specific basis. Covering everything from aesthetics to cost, Trousdale and Ruzich address the challenges presented by different systems and explain the ways smart home technology can impact your design.
In this class, attendees will learn:
- The fundamentals of what home automation entails and all it is capable of including, from rudimentary to advanced systems
- How designers can “baby-step” a client into using these systems to make their life easier
- A breakdown of the costs of smart home technology and its integration, including guidelines to make sure that the purchase matches the client’s budget, demands and level of digital literacy
- How smart home integration can impact the design and timeline of a project, and how to adapt your design to maximize both the style and the functionality of the tech
- Common mistakes and hiccups particular to smart home integration
After this class, attendees will have:
- The terminology to speak accurately about home tech and what its integration involves
- A road map for guiding clients through which aspects are essential and which are optional for their individual needs
- A clear understanding of the parameters designers should implement in advance of adding smart home integration to the scope of a project
This workshop is conducted through Zoom webinar. All you need to join is reliable internet access and computer speakers with good volume.
BOH Insider get unlimited free LAUNCH classes!
Click here to learn more. If you are already a BOH Insider member and are looking to take this class, please register through your Benefits Portal. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.