Hands up if you’ve ever had a project or client relationship careen off the tracks through no discernible fault of your own, leaving you feeling hurt, confused and full of doubt. If you’ve ever found yourself:
- Taking on a client or project despite the red flags
- Working to the point of burnout because of other people’s urgency, unrealistic expectations and poor management
- Spending hours talking to a prospect, writing proposals and answering questions, only to be ghosted (rude!)
- Seething with resentment while the other person goes about their business, blissfully unaware
- Being more and more accommodating, only to be treated worse and worse
… you probably have a leaky boundary or two.
Well, it’s time to draw some lines and plug those holes. How? To start, by identifying and then modeling the behaviors of empowered pros who don’t people-please, who do respect their own time and needs, and who understand that “No” is a complete sentence. If you’re worn down, spread thin and overdue for a reset, this workshop is your wake-up call and life preserver in one.
In this class, attendees will learn how to:
- Identify priorities and personal commitments
- Define individual capacities
- Implement tactical ways to set the stage early and reinforce often
After this class, attendees will have:
- Clarity around your top three priorities
- An understanding of the specific areas where boundaries slide in business
- A road map for weaving boundaries into every aspect of your business
This course is presented in partnership with AmericasMart, and is free for interior designers and trade professionals.
This workshop is conducted through Zoom webinar. All you need to join is reliable internet access and computer speakers with good volume.
BOH Insiders get unlimited free LAUNCH classes!
Click here to learn more. If you are already a BOH Insider member and are looking to take this class, please register through your Benefits Portal. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Justine Clay began her career in creative representation, launching her coaching business in 2010. Since then, she has been helping freelance creatives and entrepreneurs of all types build thriving careers. Clay teaches her clients how to position, market and profit from their individual expertise through one-on-one coaching, group programs, talks and workshops.