You probably have more contractual relationships than you realize—clients, vendors, suppliers, sub-ontractors, licensing partners—the list goes on and on. Knowing how to negotiate and read contracts is one thing, but actually understanding how to leverage them to minimize potential misunderstandings and maximize your business relationships is a whole other ball game. Soundly structured contracts are the foundation for being able to focus on what you do best: running your business and serving your clients. In this webinar, Seth Kaplowitz, a New York–based attorney who specializes in working with creative professionals, will explore strategies to optimize your suite of business contracts, enhance your working relationships to set well-documented expectations and goals, and ensure you understand all the implications of both what you are signing and what you are asking your clients to sign.
This course will include a special focus on how the current COVID-19 environment may impact your business and your contractual relationships. Many businesses are struggling with their existing obligations and trying to understand what options they have, now and moving forward. Prepare to review contracts in the context of the current reality, and get answers to questions about your business, your concerns and your rights.
In this class, attendees will learn:
- How to structure and implement contractual relationships in order to more effectively run their business and manage expectations
- What contractual provisions are essential for their business and why, as well as understanding key words and phrases to look out for in contracts of all sorts
- What to do when confronted with partners who aren’t honoring their side of a contract, or with a claim made against you in connection with an alleged breach of contract
- How to finesse contractual provisions in light of special situations and clients
After this class, attendees will have:
- A deeper understanding of how to use contracts to their advantage, both in terms of managing expectations and ensuring desired results
- Confidence in their ability to review and draft basic contractual provisions
This is an online course conducted through Zoom webinar. The evening before the class, you will receive an email with information on how to join.
BOH Insiders get unlimited free LAUNCH classes.
Seth Kaplowitz is an attorney in New York City and managing partner of Kaplowitz Firm, PC. He has been practicing for more than 20 years, with a specialization in working with creative professionals and firms in order to provide them with practical, business-results-driven advice and proven strategies for managing their relationships. Seth has worked with some of the most prestigious design and lifestyle professionals in the world, advising on a wide array of matters, from business structuring and financing to licensing, brand protection, and implementation of joint ventures and collaborative endeavors.