The Washington Design Center announced a new awards program that recognizes and honors up-and-coming designers in the Washington DC area. Design professionals working as an interior designer, either on their own or as an employee of an independent design firm, are eligible for the award. “Ones to Watch” nominees are selected by the showrooms of The Washington Design Center.
“The 'Ones to Watch' Award is a new initiative for the Washington Design Center. We feel that it is important to recognize and honor new design talent, especially on a local level,” said Mitchell Walters, Washington Design Center Marketing Director.
The winners will be chosen by WDC showrooms and the top three designers will be announced during a cocktail reception at The Washington Design Center on Thursday, March 11, 2010 at 5:00pm.
“Ones to Watch” 2010 nominees include:
• Barbara Franceski of Barbara Franceski, LLC
• Sandra Meyers of Sandra Meyers Design Studio, LLC
• Matt Morgan of Morgan Bradley Interior Design and Decoration
• Shanon Munn of Ambi Design Studio, LLC
• Catherine Hailey of Hailey Design, LLC
• Annie Elliott of Bossy Color
• Don Love and Steven Lumadue of SLD Interiors
• Tricia Huntley of Huntley and Company
• Liz Levin of Liz Levin Interiors
• Julie Weber and Joe Ireland of JD Ireland
• Mia Meyer of Marika Myer
• Emily Bishop of Emily Bishop Interior Design