Beginning this fall, Dutch Boy Paint will release its new line of Better Homes and Gardens "Editors' Choice Paint Colors" available exclusively at approximately 3,400 Walmart stores nationwide. The interior paint palette of 160 inviting hues reflects the classic yet contemporary aesthetic of the Better Homes and Gardens' paint and color experts.
Created to help simplify the selection process, each color will be showcased on an oversize three-and-a-half by five-inch color chip. Individual color family brochures will provide customers with editorial-quality photography and Better Homes and Gardens decorating and color ideas.
"Better Homes and Gardens Editor's Choice Paint Colors help streamline the decorating process by making color choices easier, allowing customers to achieve today's traditional style as featured in the pages of the magazine," said Better Homes and Gardens' Creative Director, Bradford Hong.
To provide an even more effortless shopping experience for customers, the Editors' Choice Paint Colors will also coordinate with a variety of existing Better Homes and Gardens products available at Walmart, including window treatments, bedding and bath products. Paint color recommendations can be found on corresponding product packaging to take the guesswork out of home decorating.
"By partnering with Better Homes and Gardens, we are able to provide Walmart customers with a high-quality paint in a beautiful array of colors that helps them create home decor that is synonymous with Better Homes and Gardens," said Dutch Boy Director of Marketing, Jose Martinez. "The paint offering is definitely one that customers can count on to deliver stunning, long-lasting results."
Each of the Editors' Choice Paint Colors is tinted in Dutch Boy HOME(TM) Interior Latex Paint, a formula that offers a one-coat application and is available in Interior Flat, Satin and Semi-Gloss sheens. Dutch Boy HOME has received top ratings for its high quality and value seven years in a row by a national independent study.
Eight color families are represented within the Better Homes and Gardens Editors' Choice Paint Colors.
1. Timeless Blues - Signals serenity, water and dependability. Deep blue reassures with strength and stability. Clear, watery blues revise and refresh. Create a calming effect with pale blue hues.
2. Lovely Lavenders - Conveys romance, creativity and luxury. Pale lavender is both fresh and nostalgic. Bright purples are rich and regal. Create a sense of mystery with deep lavender.
3. Blushing Pinks - Signals tranquility, love and good cheer. Create a variety of emotions with hot pinks that bring joy to a room, pale pinks that calm the senses, or bubblegum pinks that serve to inspire feelings of innocence.
4. Sunny Apricots - Exudes energy, friendship and good health. Warm a space with rich apricots or create a flattering glow with pale tones. Be daring and use bright orange shades to rev up an interior and take it to the next level.
5. Savory Spices - Delivers warmth, passion and security. Deep oranges and reds ignite heat in a room, Golden shades bring cheer and spicy browns add stability.
6. Yellow Bouquet - Delivers optimism, wisdom and sunlight. Enjoy pale yellows that soften a space, bright yellows that confidently grab attention, and golden yellows that add richness and elegance.
7. Mixed Greens - Feelings of comfort, nature and growth abound. Become one with nature by using the earthy greens. Bright greens refresh the spirit, while deeper green shades work to cozy up a space.
8. Soothing Neutrals - Suggests safety, flexibility and earthiness. Cool, confident grays are featured while restful beiges can be used to tone down the stronger hues. Crisp whites work to clean and freshen the palette's remaining color offerings.
The per gallon retail price of the Better Homes and Gardens Editors' Choice Paint Colors starts at $14.97. The full paint palette can be viewed online at www.bhglivebetter.com. In-store color family displays will vary by location, but all families will be represented in each of the 3,400 stores. For more information call Dutch Boy customer service line at 1-800-828-5669.