Have you ever wondered how designers get their books published? What do book publishers require from the authors, and what do you need to obtain a deal? Furthermore, what does it actually cost to publish a book, and what can you expect as a return on your investment? Jill Cohen, whose agency has produced and packaged some of the design world’s bestselling and most beautiful coffee table tomes, will share an insider’s perspective on the ins and outs of the book publishing industry today.
In this class, attendees will learn:
- What materials are needed to create a successful book, including what permissions should be obtained for your photography
- How big your platform needs to be to get a deal
- What the costs involved in developing the book actually are, and an outline of what the publisher pays for versus the author's obligations
- The publishing options within the industry and the role of a book agent and packager
By the end of this class, attendees will have:
- Knowledge of what to expect in a book publishing contract
- Understanding of how authors market their books
- Answers to why some books are huge bestsellers and others flop
This is an online course conducted via Zoom webinar. The evening before the class, you will receive an email with information on how to join.
BOH Insiders get unlimited free LAUNCH classes.
Click here to learn more. If you are already a BOH Insider and are looking to take this class, please email email@example.com to be added to the registration list.