You know you can design drop-dead gorgeous rooms that deserve a drool-worthy magazine spread. But how do you actually get your projects chosen, or get your firm featured in design blogs and national newspapers, if you can’t afford to pay for a publicist? You need to communicate directly with editors, reporters and writers to make sure your work gets the spotlight it deserves. Enter Alexandria Abramian, a former magazine editor in chief and publicist who coaches designers on how to get featured without paying expensive monthly PR retainers. Learn how to pitch effectively to get consistent coverage in top-tier publications, and master the specific do’s and don’ts of successful pitching.
In this class, attendees will learn:
- Why a press release is no longer necessary
- Essential elements that must be included in a successful pitch letter
- What kinds of pitches are most likely to get an editor’s attention
- Pitching pitfalls to avoid
By the end of this class attendees will have:
- Knowledge of the essential components of a successful pitch letter
- Three sample pitch letters that can be used as a template for your own design business
- Concrete ideas of what kinds of stories editors are looking for during the pandemic
This is an online course conducted through Zoom.
BOH Insiders get unlimited free LAUNCH classes
Click here to join or learn more. If you are already a BOH Insider and are looking to take this class, you can now register through your Benefits Portal.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org