Jamie Bush + Co.
Working with the Principal, Project Manager and other designers, the Senior Designer is a key creative contributor to all phases of high-end, residential interior design from initial design concept to installation. This position requires a strong knowledge of design, showrooms, drafting, space planning, and custom furniture design. This is a position requiring critical thinking and independent judgment in the course of daily interactions with peers, clients and vendors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
• Support the Principal, Project Manager and team in the implementation and management of several residential, commercial, or hospitality interior design projects from initial planning through project completion.
• Work with the Project Manager and team to assemble design presentations.
• Oversee process of gathering quotes and creating accurate design proposals. Create and prepare proposals and proposal packages for submission to clients. Oversee preparation and submission of purchase orders to vendors.
• Support the Project Manager in creating project budgets. Provide input regarding scope, feasibility, staffing, scheduling, and budget requirements of each project.
• Prepare floor, space, and furniture plans and elevations in AutoCAD/ ArchiCAD, and produce hand drawings or computer renderings that communicate design intent.
• Prepare and maintain interior design documents such as plans, specifications, templates, schedules, and shop drawings.
• Source furniture, fabrics, fixtures, and finishes in line with client needs and the Principal’s design vision.
• Manage and maintain continual communication with Principal, Project Manager, design team staff and vendors regarding project timelines, lead times, custom orders, installations and other project related information.
• As needed, represent the company at meetings with clients, architects, contractors and vendors, and organize and attend installations. Relay relevant information to Principal and design team.
• 4-year degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture or equivalent skill set
• At least five to seven years of experience working within a firm doing high-end residential design
• Experience managing projects with specified budgets and timelines
• Experience and comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced studio environment
• Strong technical knowledge of design genres and history
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Fluency in AutoCAD or ArchiCAD a must
• Superb creative problem-solving, organization, and time management skills
• Knowledge of Design Manager or similar programs
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
• A high level of creativity and ingenuity and a good eye.
• Strong, clear and service-oriented communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work within a team and proactively create harmonious and professional relationships
• Experience in furniture and product design a plus
Jamie Bush & Co. is a design firm located in the Hollywood area with a staff of about 22. We specialize in high-end, custom residential and commercial projects. The majority of projects combine both architecture and interior FF&E scopes with a focus on modern design. Our office atmosphere is casual, friendly and tight-knit. Please visit our website to view past and current projects: http://www.jamiebush.com/