We're looking for an experienced intermediate architectural designer to join our growing team of designers. Chango & Co. is a full-service residential design studio. Our definition of full-service is providing our clients with a highly capable, exceptionally talented, and detail-obsessed team of experts to manage every aspect of a project, allowing our clients to focus on the creative and enjoyable elements of the process without being overwhelmed by it. Expected salary range for this position is $65 - $80K.
- Holds a Bachelor’s and/or masters degree in architecture or interior architecture.
- Has 4-5 years of experience in architecture. At least 2-3 years in residential architecture.
- Is highly proficient in AutoCAD, Rhino, and G Suite (Google Docs/Sheets/Slides).
- Has experience with or is interested in sourcing new and innovative materials including plumbing, hardware, wall, ceiling, and floor finishes, etc.
- Has experience putting together construction sets and assisting with compiling FF&E packages.
- Possesses excellent communication skills, grammar, and vocabulary (both written and verbal).
- Possesses exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Is a self-starter, able to take the lead on tasks that are assigned to them by their project manager.
- Is excited about the opportunity to contribute to the design process of large-scale single-family homes.
- Holding a valid US driver’s license is a plus, as this position will require some travel nearby and outside of NYC for jobsite visits, shop visits, and project installations.
- Currently lives within commuting distance of office in Williamsburg, New York City
- Is available to start immediately and work full-time, Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM.
- Works with and reports directly to the architecture project managers.
- Can take the lead in curating design schemes, FF&E packages, and drawing sets for entire homes.
- In addition to providing support for the project manager, can manage 1-2 small scale residential projects
- Takes part in site visits, client meetings, and internal meetings with the project manager and creative director, documenting all notes and pictures taken during all meetings.
We design, build and deliver move-in-ready homes that have been thoughtfully designed inside & out. We don’t work in the commercial or hospitality fields or handle construction projects that don’t include a comprehensive interior design scope. We focus on residential construction and interior design projects because we love working with families, creating personalized spaces for each member, and completely transforming their houses into warm & inviting homes that are a joy to live in.