The imm cologne ended on Sunday, 24th January 2010 and with an array of hot new trends in furniture, which was the theme of this year's show.
Overarching trends identified at the show include:
· Use of mega-color white for upholstery fabrics and storage furniture surfaces, with shades such as aubergine for dignified accentuation. Covering fabrics in matte black and blue were new additions this year
· Large-format dining tables and dining room armchairs on which one may sit comfortably for a long time
· Adjustable upholstered furniture with lots of additional functions
· Dark wood, preferably combined with glass and stainless steel
· LED lighting technology in cabinets and shelving units
· The “kitchen – dining room – living area” as a spatial unit, now joined by private spa oases in which the bedroom and bathroom merge into a single unit
· Greenline furniture
The imm cologne features 1,053 companies from 51 countries; including 408 exhibitors and 31 additionally represented companies from Germany as well as 586 exhibitors and 28 additionally represented companies from abroad. Foreign companies accounted for 58% of exhibitors.
The next imm cologne will take place from January 18 – 23, 2011.