West coast design show curated by the editors of Dwell Magazine, Dwell on Design, returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center June 25-27, 2010. 2010 highlights include:
• Dwell Outdoor, a pop-up community of prefab, small-scale structures and the latest and greatest in outdoor living trends.
• Modern Family, where budding modernists and their parents can play and experiment with some of the latest in children’s products.
• Designboom’s Asia Now: Exploring Design Culture – A speciallyconfigured exhibit by internationally renowned, Milan-based curators designboom, featuring the newest voices in design from 11 nations across Asia.
• Dwell on Design Home Tours, take a peek inside some of Los Angeles’ most spectacular modern residences. Westside tour on Saturday, Eastside tour on Sunday.
• Landmark Home Tour, a guided tour through the iconic Stahl House in the Hollywood Hills, recognized today for its mythological status as much as its architectural significance, thanks to Julius Shulman’s now ubiquitous photograph.
• Competition Winners Announced, winners of several design competitions will be announced throughout the course of the show, including Kohler’s Water Wise Competition, AIA/LA 2x8 Student Competition, AIA/LA Restaurant Design Awards, and Sliding Door Competition.
• Good Food Sunday, KCRW’s Evan Kleiman, host of Good Food, curates a delicious Sunday afternoon of programming with local chefs and critics to look at food, through the lens of design.
• Cash-n-Carry, Attendees can purchase select products at special discounts from participating exhibitors in the Cash-n-Carry program.
“With 17,000 visitors estimated to attend this year, we’re expecting this to be the best Dwell on Design show yet,” stated Dwell Media President Michela O’Connor Abrams. “We’re thrilled to see how the creative community in Los Angeles has taken cultural ownership of Dwell on Design, making this show the premiere event on the design calendar.”
For an explanation of all available tickets, click here.
News categoriesAll News >
A new day for heritage porcelain brands
Why Annie Selke broke up with Houzz
How social media (see: Instagram) became 4 designers’ top marketing tool
Lladró’s new space reflects a reimagined vision for the heritage porcelain manufacturerCollection Launches | 3:21Lladró’s new space reflects a...
Tour Arclinea's new Paris showroomCollection Launches | 1:52Tour Arclinea's new Paris showroom
Design Influencers ConferenceIndustry Association Event
Fort Worth Show of Antiques and ArtAntiques Show
Miami Home Design and Remodeling ShowTrade Show
Elle Decor fêtes A-List Architects
Happy 30th, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
Trad Home x Circa at Modernism Week
Nina Campbell on how the interior design profession has changed
Joanna Saltz explains her vision for the new House Beautiful
Inside Rifle Paper Co.’s next big phase of growth—into home
How Anna and Gregg Brockway became digital leaders in home
- In Print