1. Imaginative Product Presentation: Gold Leaf Design Group, Inc. (Chicago, IL)
2. Innovative Product Design: Aviva Stanoff (Brooklyn, NY)
3. Social Responsibility, Ecological Sensitivity and Universal Design Awareness: 2b design (Monteverde, Lebanon)
4. Lighting: Solaria Lighting Inc. (Decatur, GA)
5. Accessories: Design Legacy, the Nancy Price collection (Dallas, TX)
6. Floor Coverings: Mad Mats by Mariachi Imports (Philadelphia, PA)
7. Wall Art: Natural Curiosities Art House (Los Angeles, CA)
Judges for the ASID summer 2011 “Best of the Best” Awards were: Lori Falk, Individual Design; Judy Girod, Lothrop Associates Architects; Lynn Horwitz, Living Hive Design; Benjamin Huntington, MH Studio; Fred Kass, Interior Spaces and Michelle Slovak, Michelle Slovak.
“ASID members recognize NYIGF as a comprehensive and consolidated collection of trend-forward resources,” said Maggie Cohen, president of the ASID NY Metro chapter. “These companies in particular have caught our judges’ attention for their innovative and fresh design concepts.”
NYIGF runs through Wednesday, August 17, at New York City’s Passenger Ship Terminal Pier 94.