American Leather is an award-winning furniture manufacturer located in Dallas, TX that touches people’s lives. We expertly craft custom-upholstered, premium leather and fabric furniture, and deliver high-quality, made-to-order luxury to our retailers in three weeks or less – a delivery standard light years ahead of the competition. We lead the industry in innovation and are building a team of people with an equally brilliant spark for innovative thinking that will drive the brand’s sales and future success.
The Director, Product Marketing plays a crucial role within American Leather handling all aspects of product marketing. Successful candidates will have the unique ability to inform and engage American Leather’s different audiences (employees, retail customers, and end consumers) by translating business objectives into meaningful, brand-elevating, actionable marketing strategies across internal and external touch points.
Our ideal candidate must excel at wearing several hats and juggling multiple priorities. As an entrepreneurial organization, we function in an environment with moving parts, evolving priorities, and tight timelines which must be handled with efficiency, a calm demeanor, and a knack for critical thinking/problem-solving on the fly.
1. Drive sales through strategic, integrated product marketing programs
2. Leverage customer and industry insights, marketing trends, and best practices to develop brand and product marketing plans/collateral that effectively drive the business
3. Collaborate with Merchandising and Engineering/Product Development teams throughout product lifecycle
4. Create and manage consistent, cohesive brand messaging and company image throughout all marketing and sales literature, product lines, PR activities, sponsorships, and partnerships
5. Manage marketing communications by coordinating and collaborating with wide-ranging cross-functional teams
6. Manage bi-annual High Point Market event planning and execution
7. Create and manage competitive tracking tool; regularly communicate to relevant teams throughout American Leather to ensure awareness of key changes within the industry
8. With VP, Marketing, play a key role in the development and implementation of annual marketing plan and budget process
9. Oversee all print management (planning/timelines, production)
10. Oversee invoice process/budget management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Results-oriented and proactive, self-motivated with an innate drive to win
2. Problem analysis and problem resolution at both strategic and functional levels
3. Strong conceptual thinking and flawless execution
4. Passion for product marketing and storytelling
5. Leadership style that motivates and partners with others to achieve business goals, including direct reports and those whom you influence without authority
6. Able to juggle multiple priorities at the same time, with grace under pressure
7. Independently manage time – prioritize, organize, and deliver upon multiple priorities within tight timelines
8. High level of professional integrity and the ability to handle sensitive issues and situations with discretion
9. Genuinely passionate about the high-end furniture, fashion, and/or interior design world
American Leather is an award-winning furniture manufacturer located in Dallas, TX with a 30+ year history of success. We've built our made-to-order leather and fabric premium furniture in Dallas, TX since 1990 with a focus on quality, design, customization and speed. Our incredible team consistently produces luxury pieces sold by widely-recognized upscale national retailers at a speed light-years ahead of the competition. We lead the industry in innovation and are building a team of people with an equally brilliant spark for innovative thinking that will drive the brand’s sales and future success.