Studio Gild is looking for a Design Coordinator with experience in high-end residential design to join Melissa Benham's team. The Design Coordinator supports the design team and Principal with creative and administrative responsibilities that contribute to both project coordination and studio operations. In addition to assisting with creative and technical aspects of a project, the Design Coordinator also helps to facilitate library organization and vendor management.
• Involvement in all phases of the design process, including Concept, Schematic, Design Development, Construction Documentation, Construction Administration, Procurement and Installation.
• Support design team and Principal at client meetings and site visits, including note transcription, site measures and photo documentation.
• Assist with development of all working drawings, including floor plans plans, interior elevations, millwork details and electrical plans.
• Assist with development of FF&E selections, including specifications of products and materials.
• Conduct product research, including collecting furniture literature, finishes and materials samples.
• Provide direction to trades and outside consultants to develop and implement design intent.
• Assist design team in preparation of design presentations for both internal and external review.
• Collaborate closely with design team, clients, consultants, contractors and vendors, in order to assist with project management.
• Assist design team on all aspects of FF&E procurement, including vendor quotes, client proposals, purchase orders and expediting.
• Assist with maintenance and organization of materials library.
• Coordinate shipping/receiving of daily packages.
• Assist with maintaining office cleanliness and organization.
• Schedule vendor appointments & lunches.
• 2+ years of experience as an interior designer with a focus on high-end residential interiors.
• Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree, or higher, in Interior Design, Architecture or related field from an accredited school.
• Proficient in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite.
Desired skills and experience include:
• Experience with Studio Designer preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of the full design process including Concept, Schematic, Design Development, Construction Documentation, Construction
Administration, Procurement and Installation.
Established in 2014 by co-founders Melissa Benham, Jennie Bishop and Kristen Ekeland, Studio Gild specializes in comprehensive residential and commercial projects across the country. Founded on their shared love of clean architecture and subtle beauty, the trio has been independently transforming spaces guided by the belief that thoughtful detailing delivers refined interiors with enduring style.
Evocative, tailored concepts are the pillars of their approach, and though autonomous in projects, Benham, Bishop and Ekeland each develop environments with a commonality that allows contemporary moments to harmonize with a foundation of timeless design.