Since 1976, The Condos Family has crafted hand-made furniture in their Sydney workshop. Harrison and Nicholas’ passion for design, detail and architecture drove them to grow their father’s company Tecno Furniture, with an export arm – Harbour. The intricate details of metalwork and craftsmanship have been carefully passed down from one generation to the next. Harbour has extended their offering to inside the home as well - step inside and view our timeless collections both indoor and outdoor.
Harbour is looking for a hands-on Controller who will direct a small diverse team to ensure that Harbour is creating and maintaining best practice accounting procedures and process to support the growth of the company. The Controller will play a key role in providing key financial metrics to support the management team decision making process.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
● Manage the accounting team responsible for all daily financial transactions (incl. bank, AR, AP, cash flow etc.) for retail and wholesale operations.
● Responsible for month-end closing and G/L reconciliation.
● Prepare monthly management financial statements with variance to budget analysis.
● Proper cost accounting for inventory.
● Weekly monitoring and communication to the executive team of weekly sales activity.
● Prepare and present key financial reports on monthly sales, inventory, profit, cash flow, and expenditures for all locations as well as consolidated reports.
● Assist in annual tax filing and other statutory requirements.
● Oversee sales tax compliance with the use of Avalara.
● Manage all operational expenses and individual employee expenses.
● Manage commission and expense reimbursements for all staff.
● Other ad-hoc assignments.
● University degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
● Minimum of 5 years experience as Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller, Controller or equivalent.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills, solid team player, with demonstrated abilities in analysis and problem-solving.
● Team management experience.
● Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting.
● Advanced levels of Microsoft Office Excel and Bill.com.
● Ability to manage and consolidate financial reports from multiple locations and present to management.
• NetSuite experience and proficiency.
• Effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Drive to implement systems and controls to improve company performance.