The Arcade Showroom Manager is responsible for overseeing the arcade at the
Interior Arts Building, including its day-to-day activities: greeting customers and
clients, sales and shipping. The right candidate will have:
- A minimum of 1 year of management experience in retail or showroom sales.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to make meaningful connections, resulting in long-term client relationships.
- Availability full-time, Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm, and as needed for special events.
- Be self-motivated, solutions-oriented, highly-organized, and have a deep understanding of the design industry landscape.
- Be in-person Monday-Friday.
- Work closely with brands being represented in the booths.
- Help manage and maintain all aspects of operations in the arcade.
- Manage and maintain client and designer relationships.
- Work closely with the marketing team to promote the Arcade space.
- Coordinate with shipping companies for pick-ups.
The Interior Arts Building, located at 306 East 61st Street, New York City, is a destination design building situated in the heart of the Upper East Side design district. Built in 1901, the building houses leading galleries, antique and furniture dealers, and design businesses, such as Bunny Williams Home, JAMES Showroom, Liz O’Brien, Newel and more. The Interiors Arts Building is pleased to introduce a new concept for the ground floor space – the Design61 Arcade. It will feature 12 “booths” or ”vignettes” or as they’re called “stalls,” to be rented year-round to showcase unique and high-end brands, vendors, or dealers. The feeling is much like a permanent antiques fair, where each participant has a dedicated space. The space will be managed by an experienced showroom manager, who will handle day-to-day greeting, activities, sales and shipping.