Resilience, strength, power and optimism are among the themes to be emphasized at Winter Las Vegas Market February 1-5, 2010. This Market overlaps with INSPIREDESIGNTM, a new show-within-a-show that caters to design within the hospitality and health care industries. All seminars and programs at February Las Vegas Market will be open to all INSPIREDESIGN attendees as well.
Some of February Las Vegas Market’s program highlights include:
· First Look: Las Vegas Market. Back by popular demand, HGTV’s Monica Pedersen along with industry trend expert Julie Smith fast-track attendees on the opening day on the newest products and trends they will see during February Market week.
· Juan Montoya, Design Icon. One of the world’s most versatile and inspired interior designers is being honored as World Market Center Las Vegas’ Design Icon and will share his insights during a presentation to Market-goers.
· Industry insider, Valerie Moran, will present Lasting Luxury. In a time where knock-offs are more common than original design, Valerie Moran gives pointers on how to appreciate high quality and fine design.
· Adriana Hoyos, The Influence of Latin America in Contemporary Design. International furniture and interior designer Adriana Hoyos shares how Latin America has influenced her work, which includes astonishing installations and unique furniture designs.
· Lloyd Princeton, Marketing Interior Design. Hone your business skills as Lloyd Princeton shares priceless gems on how to spread the word about your interior design business using the new vocabulary of marketing.
· Alfresco at Design + Living. Alfresco puts the finest outdoor living on display. The newest destination at Las Vegas Market brings the outdoors in with breathtaking realism and offers events that will be equally refreshing.
· Bedding Bowl, will feature special receptions and seminars dedicated to the mattress category, including an update on the bedding industry’s green initiative organized by the Specialty Sleep Association that is open to all market attendees, bedding suppliers and retailers.
· Darryl Carter, The New Traditional. Lawyer-turned-interior designer Darryl Carter will speak about livability and the New Traditional style.
· Trend and merchandising expert Jennifer Castoldi of Trendease International will share Creative Retail Experiences from Around the World to inspire retailers on innovative shopping environments.
· Diane Burley, Engaging with Your Customers—the Web Way. Pure Contemporary’s Diane Burley discusses essential Web marketing techniques to attract, engage and retain your customers.
· Apartment Therapy, New Trends Meet Real Life. Apartment Therapy contributors Rebecca Orlov and Abby Stone share how real people are integrating the newest trends and accessories for 2010 into their homes and how you can do the same.
· Designing Green, Kathy Ireland and Angelo Surmelis. This panel discussion centers on the influence of sustainability in the work of a group of high profile designers.
· New for the February Market, World Market Center Las Vegas is partnering with the Western Home Furnishings Association (WHFA) to produce a dynamic “Academy Series” which is being married to the popular “Business Survival” series and will take place Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during Las Vegas Market at 4:30 p.m. followed by a reception. Specifically geared to and planned for the needs of retailers, the academy series is the best of the best for retail intelligence. The Western Home Furnishings Association also hosts dozens of retail-specific programs throughout Market week in the Retail Resource Center on the 16th floor of Building B. For a full list of the robust programming planned for Market, including programs taking places in the WHFA Retail Resource Center, visit www.lasvegasmarket.com/events.
INSPIREDESIGNTM programming is geared towards design within the hospitality and health care industries. To learn more about INSPIREDESIGNTM, visit www.inspiredesignlv.com.
The Winter 2010 Las Vegas Market is scheduled for February 1-5, 2010 at World Market Center Las Vegas. Attendees can register and reserve discounted rooms online now at www.LasVegasMarket.com.