Photography can serve as the finishing touch to a design, adding not merely a decorative accent but a personally meaningful artwork that speaks to the unique sensibility of your client. In this workshop, Katharine Earnhardt, founder of Mason Lane Art Advisory, provides an overview of fine art photography that will equip participants with the tools they need to understand, source and sell photography as part of their design services. Discussion topics include the fundamentals of the medium, specific resources, pricing and quality details, and tips for pitching works and closing sales. Attendees will come away with an appreciation for the field of photography that they can translate to their projects, delivering a truly unique element to their clients’ interiors and generating revenue for themselves.
In this class, attendees will learn:
- Various types of fine art photography and the basics of the medium
- How pricing and quality are determined
- A selection of valuable photography resources at a range of price points
- How editions and reprints function within the field
- Selling tips and tricks
- Photography-specific logistics, including framing issues, damaged prints and more, and ways to address them
After this class, attendees will have:
- An understanding of the field that they can relay to clients
- Specific resources to support the fine art requirements of their projects
- Skills to successfully secure and sell works
This workshop is conducted through Zoom webinar. All you need to join is reliable internet access and computer speakers with good volume.
BOH Insiders get unlimited free LAUNCH classes!
Click here to learn more. If you are already a BOH Insider member and are looking to take this class, please register through your Benefits Portal. Questions? Email email@example.com.