They say you never get a second chance at a first impression, so the pressure to nail those initial calls and meetings with a prospective client can be intense. No matter how talented you are as a designer, your business won’t be very profitable (or joyful) if you’re not signing on quality clients, so having a system in place to put your best foot forward is key. Sandra Funk, founder and principal designer of House of Funk, has spent more than two decades in the industry perfecting a Potential Client Process, and is here to share how she lands dream clients that she can’t wait to work with while keeping her firm profitable.
In this class you will learn:
- The “PC process,” including lead nurturing, talking points for an initial call and requirements for scheduling an initial meeting
- Pre- and post-initial meeting structure, with a clear outline to presenting your design agreement and fees
- Post-proposal meeting tips for client follow-ups
After this class you will have:
- Confidence in saying no to the wrong clients, leaving room for the dream clients
- Tactics for closing the sale and wooing the lead in the process
This is an online course presented by ADAC as part of Get Down to Business Day. See all of the day's programming here.
Sandra Funk is the founder and principal designer of House of Funk, a full-service and online interior design firm with offices in New York and New Jersey that creates thoughtful homes with an emphasis on clean lines and soulful touches. Sandra’s award-winning design work has been featured in Elle Decor, House Beautiful, HuffPost, Apartment Therapy and Luxe Interiors + Design. In spring 2020, she is launching the Interior Design Standard, a template for designers to utilize her streamlined processes and profitable business formula. Sandra brings her finance degree and background in business process consulting to help you run the most efficient, professional and profitable business possible.