Workshop/APD is currently seeking a highly motivated national Product Sales Manager to grow sales for Workshop Collections - the product division of Workshop/APD. Workshop Collections creates a proprietary line of furniture distributed exclusively through our brand-new showroom as well as collaborative collections with leading furniture, lighting, rug, and hardware brands. This role will be based in our new showroom, located in our Manhattan office.
The candidate must grasp the sophistication of the brand and have strong design industry contacts in the high-end luxury lifestyle space. The candidate will work closely with the principals and the product design team to establish robust sales goals. Candidates must be organized and driven with strong interpersonal skills, approaching every project and task with a positive and professional demeanor. The job entails regular travel and relationship building.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Showroom management and operations; maintain the visual appearance of the showroom and products and ensure it is in line with the brand image
• Proactively reach out to designers and architects to introduce new product offerings, understand client’s current project scope to offer product suggestions, and invite clients to the showroom
• Manage and schedule showroom appointments with clients
• Demonstrate expert knowledge of the product line and brand collaborations
• Research and be aware of high-end commercial projects that have been approved or are in the early stages of construction
• Meet or exceed sales goals established by the Workshop Collections team
• Represent the brand at trade shows, industry events, and elsewhere as needed; attend 3-5 shows per year
• Provide regular reporting to Workshop/APD leadership
• Conduct product presentations with designers and prospective clients
• Build and foster relationships with new and existing clients
• Communicate the Workshop/APD narrative with passion and confidence
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Proven sales experience with significant background in the high-end luxury home design industry is required
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Outlook)
• Strong verbal/written skills
• Highly organized and motivated self-starter
• Demonstrated initiative and strategic decision making
• Ability to travel daily/weekly
• Be impeccably polished in appearance and professionalism
• Experience managing showrooms is preferred
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls and/or office visits.
Workshop/APD is an award-winning New York City-based multidisciplinary design and architecture firm. From sleek penthouses and seaside retreats to luxury residential developments and groundbreaking hotels and restaurants, our projects are uniquely defined by a sense of place and purpose and a desire to ultimately enhance the user’s experience through exceptional design. Our aesthetic is timelessly modern but site-specific, unbound by project type or a singular style. Our diverse and collaborative team of creative architects, interior designers and product designers leverage their vast and highly varied experiences to solve complex design challenges, resulting in spaces that are exceptionally beautiful and accessible.