Robert Kaner Interior Design seeks a talented individual with at least 3 years of experience in high-end residential design to join our collegial team of interior designers and take on substantial responsibilities across an exciting range of residential projects in the New York area and nationally.
The position encompasses a full range of interior design activities, including conceptual design; design development; drafting and technical drawings such as furniture plans, elevations, full construction documents and custom furniture drawings; sourcing fabrics, furnishings, lighting, floor coverings, hardware, plumbing fittings and materials, and preparing associated schedules and documentation; producing renderings and client presentation materials; project budgeting; specifying, ordering and tracking orders with vendors; and on site assistance with projects under construction and installations.
The position offers significant opportunities for professional development and growth by working closely with more senior designers and the principal.
We are seeking applicants who meet each of the following criteria:
• a degree in Interior Design, together with at least 3 years of work experience in high-end residential interior design
• very bright and professional, with excellent written and oral communications skills
• highly organized with consistent attention to detail, precision and quality
• self-motivated, eager to assume responsibility, and proactive with follow-through and problem-solving
• excellent proficiency in AutoCAD and technical drawings; Adobe Photoshop; Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint; and rendering
• looking to be a valued member of a close-knit design team
- Paid vacation
- Fully employer-paid health insurance
- 401(k) plan
We create sophisticated interiors through a considered analytic and aesthetic approach to design, developing a unique design language for each project reflective of the client, context and lifestyle. We value excellence in design as well as in client service. We strive for a congenial, collaborative and supportive firm culture.
Our practice continues to enjoy substantial growth, with projects based in the New York area, the Hamptons, Florida and other parts of the country. Our projects typically involve substantial construction and a significant proportion of custom furnishings. We collaborate with a number of talented architecture firms on many of our large scale projects.
To apply please email your cover letter, resume and portfolio to: