Online | March 27 | 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Have you ever had a client who tried to micro-manage a project, refused to pay for your extra time or made major purchases without consulting you? These are just a few of the many problems that can arise from poorly managed client relationships. The reality is that much of what designers do on a daily basis is client management, a skill that requires its own set of practices and processes, and one that will ultimately determine the success (and profitability) of your projects.
In this course, creative business consultant Sean Low will guide designers on best practices and techniques for managing clients, and will demonstrate how essential it is to set boundaries from the very beginning of the project.
In this class, you will learn:
- Client management processes to implement throughout four phases of the project, from client acquisition through project installation
- How to be of service, not in service, to your clients, and how to manage expectations
- To build your client relationships based on respect and integrity instead of flexibility, and how to say "yes" to requests on your own terms
By the end of class, attendees will have:
- A deeper understanding of the need for process when dealing with clients
- Information and tools to implement essential client management processes into your own practices
This is an online course conducted through AdobeConnect. You will receive an email with information on how to join the evening before the class.
Did you know members of BOH Insider get unlimited free LAUNCH classes? Click here to learn more.
(If you are already a BOH Insider member and are looking to take this class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)