The European Fine Art Fair (TEFAF), the leading arts and antiques fair, returns to the Netherlands this week with the second-ever TEFAF Curated, a modern-contemporary section designed by curator Mark Kremer. This year’s theme is “Show Your Wound,” which refers to the Joseph Beuys sculpture that was located in an underground passageway in Munich from 1974 to 1975. The installation will reveal work that encapsulates themes of death, decay, dispossession and a sense of trauma, as reflected by the original sculpture. All of the work being shown are for sale.
Greek Horse”; Buchmann Galerie
Participating galleries include:
• Ellen de Bruijne Projects, Amsterdam
• Buchmann Galerie, Berlin/Lugano
• Galerie Laurent Godin, Paris
• Galerie Nächst St. Stephan Rosemarie Schwalzwälder, Vienna
• Sprovieri Gallery, London
• Galerie Nadja Vilenne, Liège, Belgium
• Galerie Fons Welters, Amsterdam
Check out our interview with TEFAF's U.S. ambassador, Michel Witmer, and stay tuned for further TEFAF coverage.