The San Francisco Bay Area design community joined together to create "The Windows"—a collection of over-the-top, creative, retail window displays. The goal was to beautify and dress-up empty storefront windows in the Union Square and Financial District in time for the holiday season, and highlight the creativity of local designers.
Each designer/sponsor was tasked with artistically demonstrating the concept of “Home”. All decorated windows will be on display through January 31st, pending lease negotiations. Maps of the various locations and information about the Window design is online at THEWINDOWS.ORG or the IIDA website.
Check out windows in the following locations:
1. Arcanum Architecture, Richlen Construction, Design Workshops
2. Logue Studio, Swinerton Interiors, Kimball Office
128 Post: (Displays in this location will be down over the Thanksgiving Holiday)
3. Destination Art, Leap Frog, JMC Interior Furnishings
4. Gensler, DPR Construction, Allsteel, Bentley Prince Street, Young Office, Mission Bell
5. IA Interior Architects, SideMark, Swinerton Interiors
6. HOK, Principal Builders, Pallas Textiles, CRI
100 Montgomery (along Sutter):
7. Grey Studio, Shaw Carpet
8. Nichols Booth, GCI, Steelcase, One Workplace, HPL
9. Studios Architecture, BCCI Construction, Haworth, Commercial Casework, Majestic Floors
10. Vicki Simon, Evan Holm, RN Field
11. AP+I, NOVO Construction
12. Brereton Architects, Source Planning + Construction, Pivot Interiors
13. USG Corporation
14. HKS Architects, Hathaway Dinwiddie
News categoriesAll News >
Online bed-frame brand Floyd expands into seating
What does the EPA’s asbestos ruling mean for the home industry?
AmericasMart invests in the growing resimercial category
Dedar unveils first-ever U.S. showroom in the D&D BuildingShowroom Openings | 4:28Dedar unveils first-ever U.S....
ASID's inaugural Design Honors event celebrates makersSpecial Events | 4:01ASID's inaugural Design Honors...
How Nicole Gibbons went from Blogger to VC Darling
Inside Parachute Home’s Community-Focused Expansion Plans
From Bankruptcy to IPO, How Shawn Nelson Built the Country's Fastest-Growing Furniture Retailer
How Ralph Pucci Became the Master of Visual Merchandising
- In Print
- Tag Sale
Lights.com Home Lighting CollectionLights.com
Pennoyer Newman Modern & Industrial CollectionPennoyer Newman
Thomas Paul's Collection 2Siren Song