No industry is immune to the impacts of COVID-19, including home. Designers saw projects hatling, clients pulling back, manufacturers pivoting and vendors suffering. But, big-picture—what does it all mean? As we begin to un-pause, how has the market around us changed and how do we begin to move forward?
Enter Amanda Schneider of Thinklab, Sandow’s research superteam. She’ll share metrics about today’s economic impact (translated for the right-brained crowd) in order to inform decisions about the future of your design business. This course simplifies Thinklab’s real-time market research during this great “pause” and shares key insights as we emerge from the chaos and begin to collectively define our next steps.
In this class, attendees will examine:
- Employment: a pulse on what others in the industry are doing to keep their business and staff afloat
- Project health trends: metrics on the percentage of projects continuing on as planned, put on hold or canceled
- Bid activity: a view of current industry activity and a peek at what's to come
- Recovery indicators: a look a the hiring and re-hiring headcount, new project kickoffs and general industry sentiment
After this class, attendees will have:
- Perspective on our changing economic landscape
- A better understanding of what to expect for the future of how we work
This is an online course conducted through Zoom.
BOH Insiders get unlimited free LAUNCH classes.
Click here to join or learn more.
If you are already a BOH Insider and are looking to take this class, you can now register through your Benefits Portal. Questions? Email email@example.com
Share your own experience in ThinkLab’s Industry Impact Survey.
Amanda Schneider, LEED AP, MBA is president of ThinkLab, the new research division of Interior Design Media (SANDOW). ThinkLab exists at the intersection of specification and design, where it uses research to improve communication between designers and manufacturers. Join in and share your expert opinions with ThinkLab.