Interior designers are experts in color palettes, furniture arrangements and different styles of decor. But when it comes to the art of the sell, many find themselves at a loss. And that’s a problem, because a clear, confident sales approach is the number one reason designers don’t reach their target income. Instead, they find that their design firm has become a frustrating venture requiring lots of effort—but offering little reward—to stay afloat.
Traci Connell, interior designer and founder of The Gloss, knows how to put profitability first, and she’s here to share her strategies. Opening up her glossary of business resources, she’ll teach attendees how to set contract terms, flat fees and hourly rates, and the costs of goods and services with confidence. No more nervous butterflies when it comes to negotiations!
In this class, attendees will learn:
- The vocabulary, math and emotions that drive (or kill) sales
- Ways to build your value to become invaluable to clients
- Techniques to counter objections
- How to prioritize wholesale and standard margins during the specification process
After this class, attendees will have:
- A clear understanding of how to use a pitch deck to sell services and pricing
- Guidelines to create a budget early in the client relationship to ensure a smooth project from start to finish
- The confidence to sell services and products in a way that puts profitability first
- A fresh take on motivating and empowering employees, with an emphasis on productivity and margins
This workshop is conducted through Zoom webinar. All you need to join is reliable internet access and computer speakers with good volume.
BOH Insider get unlimited free LAUNCH classes!
More than 20 years after launching her namesake design firm in Dallas, Traci Connell took a moment to reflect on what aspects of the business she enjoyed the most. Accolades from industry peers were wonderful, and of course the creative process is always at the heart of any firm, but her true passion, she realized, was the business side of her brand. Having privately coached friends and acquaintances in the past, Connell decided it was time to formalize her process, and The Gloss: The Ultimate Glossary of Business Resources for Interior Designers was born. Created to maximize profitability, increase exposure and retain talent, the program helps design professionals take a holistic assessment of their business, then make the necessary changes to improve it. By following her four-pillar approach, companies can achieve their full potential.