Money Moves: Accounting for Designers
Online | April 3 | 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
“Do I need to collect tax on that chair?” and your other burning accounting questions—Answered!
While you may prefer scouring antique shops for the perfect wall sconce over setting up an escrow account or reconciling your credit card and bank statements, staying on top of your accounting responsibilities and making sure your taxes are in line are crucial to keeping your business above board.
Despite what you may believe, managing your books is not something to be feared. In this webinar Justin Masonek, who updates Excel sheets for fun and has helped countless designers with their accounting, will help demystify for you all things numbers related so that your books are in order and you’re in good standing with Uncle Sam—just in time for tax season.
In this class, you will learn:
- How to track orders, prepare invoice packages, reconcile monthly credit card statements and bank accounts, and maintain profit and loss sheets
- The importance of collecting sales tax and how to identify taxable items
- The step-by-step processes for filing sales tax, bank account and credit card statements
- How to maintain back-up while going “paperless”
By the end of this class, you will have:
- Accounting spreadsheets that will help you to run your business more efficiently
- Example reports for reconciling bank and credit card statements
- A plan for properly collecting and paying sales tax
This webinar is conducted through AdobeConnect. All you need to join is reliable internet access and computer speakers with good volume. Intstructions on how to join will be sent out the night before and morning of the webinar.
Did you know members of BOH Insider get unlimited free LAUNCH classes?
Interested? Click here to learn more.
If you are already a BOH Insider member looking to take this class, please email email@example.com