Tile of Spain is looking for architects and designers to participate in its annual junket to Spain from Feb. 5-13, 2010. This free trip coincides with Cevisama, the International Ceramic Tile and Bath Furnishings Show held in Valencia. The first half of the trip includes a few days exploring a region of Spain to immerse in the local culture, see notable sites and attractions that are of architectural and design significance and to gain a general understanding and appreciation for Spain. The latter half of the trip includes visiting Cevisama, factory and booth tours and a press conference.
This year, for the first time, Tile of Spain is reserving a minimum of THREE spots on the tour for architects and/or designers.
The junket will travel via Madrid to Granada on Feb. 5, 2010 and will spend several days exploring such culturally and architecturally significant sites as the world-famous Alhambra Palace. On Feb. 9, the group will travel to Valencia, the business epicenter of Spain’s ceramic tile industry and the venue for Cevisama 2010.
How to apply:
1. Determine your eligibility based on the qualifications listed below.
2. Complete application form.
3. Return application by deadline of Dec. 23, 2009
4. Participants will be selected based on eligibility and the quality of their answers completed on the entry form. Preference will be given to those with an affinity for ceramic tile as a building or design material or those who have used ceramic tile in past projects and/or plan to use ceramic tile in the future.
5. Selected participants will be notified by Jan. 8, 2010.
• Must be available for the duration of the tour which is from Feb. 5-13, 2010.
• Must be an accredited architect or interior designer with current affiliation with AIA, ASID and/or IIDA.
• Must be an architect or interior designer currently living in the United States.
• Must be willing to participate in all activities of the junket, within reason. There will be free time for exploring the cities on your own but most activities, meals and excursions are planned beforehand and are required.
• Round-trip airfare from the United States to Madrid
• Single occupancy hotel room for duration of stay
• All group transportation during the tour, does not include cab or bus fare for city exploration during free time
• Admission to scheduled attractions and tradeshow
Tile of Spain is the umbrella brand managed by the Trade Commission of Spain in Miami, FL and the Spanish Ceramic Tile Manufacturer’s Association (ASCER) in Valencia, Spain.
For more about tile produced in Spain, contact Tile of Spain Center at the Trade Commission of Spain, 2655 Le Jeune Road, Suite 1114, Coral Gables, FL 33134. Call 305-446-4387 or visit www.spaintiles.info.
Promotion Official Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY AND NO PAYMENT WILL BE ACCEPTED TO ENTER OR BE SELECTED. The promotion begins on December 3, 2009 and ends on December 23, 2009. Odds of winning depend on the number and quality of applications received. Participants are selected based on the information provided in the application and not by a random drawing or other element of chance. The promotion is only open to legal residents of the United States over the age of eighteen (18) years. Promotion sponsors are not responsible or liable for incomplete, late or lost applications or other applications not in compliance with the Official Rules. Such applications will be declared void and discarded. Selected participants must have a valid passport and sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to taking the trip. The approximate retail value of the trip is $5,000. Cash value may not be selected as an alternate award under this promotion. Neither the trip package nor any portion thereof may be exchanged, redeemed for cash, resold or transferred in any manner. If any selected participant is unable to participate in the trip or violates or attempts to violate these Official Rules, the participant’s selection shall be revoked and declared void and an alternate participant will be selected. All applicable federal, state, local, and other income taxes are the sole responsibility of the selected participants. To obtain a list of the selected participants, please send an email after March. 1, 2009 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Official Rules are final and binding in all respects. Promotion sponsored and produced by ASCER / Trade Commission of Spain. Void where prohibited.