Social media can make marketing seem easy: Post a pretty photo, film a how-to video or tweet something poignant, all in the hopes that your point of view will go viral and get the masses to do business with your fabulous company or brand. But social media can also be a double-edged sword. You’re promoting your business on the platforms of publicly traded companies that make decisions for their shareholders and their own bottom-line interests—meaning your efforts are to some degree at the mercy of each platform’s efficacy and reach.
While social media isn’t going away anytime soon, it is ever evolving, with brand-new platforms and algorithms often taking the place of last year’s favorites. Don’t risk being blocked or banned on a whim because a computer decides your fate. Accomplished interior designer and business coach John McClain is on hand to teach you how to make the most of all the high-tech tools at your disposal and take control of your social media presence. It’s time to lessen your reliance on posts, TikToks and tweets and social-media-proof your company.
In this class, attendees will learn:
- The good, the bad and the ugly of utilizing social media as your only (or primary) form of marketing
- Three specific marketing techniques that will withstand the test of time separate from social media
- How to develop your own social network
After this class, attendees will have:
- A deeper understanding of why you should not rely on social media as your main form of marketing
- Mindset methods to lessen your dependance on social media and deal with the withdrawal
- A strategy to become your own social network on specific platforms that allow you to be in control
This workshop is conducted through Zoom webinar. All you need to join is reliable internet access and computer speakers with good volume.
BOH Insider get unlimited free LAUNCH classes!
John McClain, CEO and creative director of John McClain Design, is an accomplished interior designer, business coach, speaker, on-air contributor and writer who has turned his lifetime passion for interior design into an opportunity to share his skills with others through his book, The Designer Within: A Professional Guide to a Well-Styled Home. McClain’s projects have received numerous awards and appeared in many publications, including Traditional Home and Elle Decor. His design advice can also be seen regularly on television and in publications such as The Wall Street Journal and Us Weekly, and his firm maintains offices in Florida and Los Angeles.