Adding public relations to your brand's marketing offerings is daunting, but necessary to grow. It’s a simple formula: editorial coverage leads to a higher profile and more work—and, if you get it right, the right PR strategy can completely transform your brand. If you’ve ever tried it, you know that pitching stories is as much of an art as merchandising your showroom. Whether you’re looking to hire a firm or go it alone, this class will provide you with insight and skills you can apply immediately.
Hailing from one of the design industry’s finest firms (representing Kate Spade, One Kings Lane and Waterworks), Margaux Caniato of VP+C will take you on a deep dive into public relations practices that work from tried and true tactics for boosting your profile to crafting your best story.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Use PR to build a brand with a powerful narrative
- Manage a PR agency vs. a publicist, or how to ‘DIY’ it
- Use common terminology, including long-lead vs. short-lead, earned vs. paid media
- Think about print and digital media
- Use your company's social channels to drive business
- Make the publicity you gain work harder for your business
By the end of class, you will have:
- A better understanding of how to put together a PR strategy to achieve your brand's messaging goals — by yourself or with a professional
This is an online course conducted through AdobeConnect.
A special than you to our LAUNCH sponsor, IVY, the community and business management tool for interior designers. You can schedule a demo to learn how to use Ivy to propose product to clients, generate tear sheets, invoice clients, track & bill for your time, send purchase order to vendors, and more.
MARGAUX CANIATO IS THE PRINCIPAL/CHIEF BRAND OFFICER AT VP+C, A MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, PUBLIC RELATIONS AND CORPORATE EVENT MARKETING AGENCY THAT SPECIALIZES IN LUXURY BRANDS. SHE IS A DESIGN ADVOCATE AND BRAND RAISER WITH OVER 20 YEARS OF EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE IN LUXURY AND MASS RETAIL BRAND DEVELOPMENT AND EVOLUTION.