Parkes & Lamb Interiors
Parkes & Lamb Interiors is looking for a highly motivated, experienced interior designer who can confidently lead design projects, take great care of our clients, and manage all aspects of our design projects.
The ideal candidate has a degree in Interior Design with 4+ years of experience, is proficient in AutoCAD, and is highly organized and deadline-driven.
As a Junior Designer, you will play a pivotal role in the design and project management of our projects. You will have the opportunity to work on high-end residential projects and be involved in every stage of the design process, from concept development to installation. This role will require you to be a creative and technical expert. You will be responsible for managing projects from start through completion with the guidance and creative direction of the Principal Designers.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ years experience in high-end residential design
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or a related field
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Experience managing projects in construction
- Ability to execute design tasks independently and anticipate the next steps in the design process
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing furniture, materials and finishes that fall in line with the project budget and aesthetic
- Ability to juggle a number of different projects across phases, while keeping all projects organized and progressing
- Understanding of space planning principles
- Able to effectively develop and communicate design concepts
- An eye and appreciation for overall design aesthetic and timeless details
This job will involve many aspects of the design process, which will include, but not limited to:
- Working with Principals in a leadership role to assist with project scheduling and project management.
- Developing technical documents, including specification packages and schedules
- Create furniture plans, lighting plans, elevations and cabinetry detail drawings in AutoCAD
- Maintaining client binders, project files, and meeting notes
- Collaborating with Principals to prepare and review architectural drawings, renderings, presentations and construction documents
- Gather samples and run errands as needed per project
- On-site visits and measuring to prepare drawings of existing spaces
- Attend client meetings with principal designers to take notes and work on follow-up needs after the meeting
- Gathering quotes and creating proposals
- Review purchase order details and assist Office Manager with the ordering process
- Assisting with general office duties and maintaining resource materials
Our office is located in Nashville, TN. Applicants must be in the area or be willing to relocate.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, and work portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parkes and Lamb Interiors is a boutique interior design firm founded by friends Blair Parkes and Susan Lamb based in Nashville, Tennessee. PLI's distinct aesthetic creates interiors that are timeless and refined yet effortlessly personal. Through their unique design approach, PLI develops a comprehensive plan suited to each individual project resulting in beautiful, comfortable interiors that reflect their clients' tastes, interests and lifestyles.
Parkes & Lamb Interiors works on projects across the Southeast, ranging from decorating, renovations, new construction jobs and frequently teams up with builders and contractors. Through our unique strengths and perspectives we work to create spaces that blend new and old, high and low, modern and traditional styles on all budgets.