We are currently seeking an experienced Junior Interior Designer with 3+ years experience working on high-end residential projects. The ideal candidate will have a passion for interior design and has the skills and drive to take ownership of projects from concept to completion. Applicants should be highly organized, detail-oriented, have experience working on architectural projects and are flexible to work on a variety of projects under the direction of the principal designer. AutoCAD & Design Manager Experience is a must.
This position will perform a variety of project tasks, which may include the following:
1. Working with design team to develop design ideas and create drawings, boards and renderings for client presentations;
2. Ability to work on projects of various scope, scale and price-point;
3. Drafting technical drawings using AutoCAD, including detailing of custom furniture, lighting, space planning, and work with project architects to provide any relevant interior architectural guidance;
4. Field survey existing site conditions and existing furnishing inventory;
5. Maintaining project binders with all related contacts, schedules, specs, drawings, etc.;
6. Research and Source furniture, lighting, fabrics, wallpapers and any relevant interior finishes, experience with interior finishes (tile, stone, wood, kitchen and bath design) a major plus;
7. Work with vendors to obtain cost estimates for project budgeting;
8. Conduct client meetings and preparing meeting minutes for distribution and task lists;
9. Help to manage and mentor intern program;
10. Installation and Styling of projects;
11. Use Design Manager to propose items to clients and manage orders;
Exact Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The ideal candidate would have a minimum 3 years of experience working in smaller/boutique design or architectural firms; will have an aesthetic knowledge of important 50s, 60s and 70s Italian and French design; will have experience in creating bespoke furniture; will have experience in renovation and architectural projects; and, will be able to work within deadline constraints.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited interior design or architecture school;
3+ years minimum experience in an interior design firm working on high-end residential projects.;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Extensive knowledge of design principals and aesthetics;
· Knowledge of residential furnishings and finishes at all price points
· Extensive knowledge of NYC design resources.
· Experience working with AutoCAD
· Experience with Design Manager software
Please e-mail .pdf copies/hyperlinks of your resume, project list, portfolio/sample of finished work and an example of drawings compiled by you showing space planning, elevations and details. Please provide a link to your Pinterest and Instagram account if applicable.
About our Firm: Fawn Galli Interior Design is a full-service residential and commercial firm with extensive experience in all aspects of interior design from construction work management and renovations to overseeing every detail of the decorating process. Fawn brings a fresh eye and modern mastery of color to her design. With a nod to the past but a focus firmly tuned to today, she creates inspired interiors that meld the traditional and the modern.