Ohara Davies-Gaetano Interiors
We seek an experienced and highly skilled Operations Director to lead and oversee the
operations of our high-end residential interior design company. As the Director of Operations,
you will be responsible for managing and guiding the design team, ensuring exceptional quality
and customer satisfaction, and driving the growth and success of our studio. This position
requires a strong blend of design operations, leadership ability, business acumen, and excellent
1. Design Team Management:
• Lead, inspire, and manage a team of talented designers and support staff.
• Foster a collaborative and creative work environment that encourages
professional growth and development.
• Work with Head of Design to assign and delegate projects, establish deadlines,
and ensure efficient resource allocation.
• Provide guidance and support to the team and ensuring adherence to project
requirements and Timelines.
• Conduct regular performance evaluations, provide feedback, and identify
opportunities for training and improvement.
• Sourcing and recruiting design talent.
2. Project Oversight:
• Oversee the consistency in implementation of our design processes and operation
from conception to completion, ensuring the highest quality standards.
• Monitor project progress, resolve any issues that arise, and ensure projects are
delivered on time and within budget.
3. Client Relationships and Business Development:
• Build and nurture relationships with new and existing clients to understand their
needs and exceed their expectations.
• Act as the primary point of contact for key clients, ensuring exceptional service
and client satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
• Collaborate with Head of Design and President to identify business
opportunities, develop client agreements.
• Stay updated on industry trends, market demands, and competitor activities to
drive the growth and competitiveness of the studio.
4. Financial Management:
• Develop and manage the studio's budget, monitor financial performance, and
optimize profitability with Head of Design and President.
• Provide accurate project costing estimates, evaluate pricing strategies, and
negotiate contracts with clients and vendors.
• Track project expenses, review invoices, and ensure timely billing and collection
processes working collaboratively with the Finance Team.
• Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and
processes within the studio.
• Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or a related field (Master's
• Previous and proven experience in a leadership or managerial role within the
• Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong business acumen with experience in budgeting, financial management,
and business development.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting
• Exceptional attention to detail and a passion for delivering excellence in design.
If you are a highly motivated and a talented professional with a passion for supporting the
creation of exceptional residential spaces, we invite you to join our dynamic team in our
Founded in 2007, Ohara Davies-Gaetano Interiors is a nationally recognized and published
luxury design firm with our office in Los Angeles, and looking at expanding into West Palm Beach
and the San Francisco Bay Area. Awarded the Andrew Martin Interior Designer of the Year
Award in October 2018, Ohara Davies-Gaetano Interior’s work has been published in national
publications including Veranda, House BeautiƟful, Traditional Home, LUXE, Modern Luxury and
AD On-line. Ohara Davies-Gaetano Interiors seeks to design Timeless livable luxury. Current
and past project locations include Beverly Hills, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, Montecito, Laguna
Beach, Atherton, San Francisco, New York, Montana, Dallas, Houston, Palm Beach, St. Barths